4 replies to this topic

#1 juliette999

juliette999

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

I was diagnosed with celiac in September 2011 and have now been gluten free since November. A lot of the problems I was having before going gluten free are getting better, but some are getting worse. I am eating good and trying to exercise as much as I can. I have put on 20lbs in the past 3 months and I have extreme joint and muscle pain that gets worse by the day. My doctor and nutritiousness ordered more blood work and said my body is just getting use to the food absorbing in my body. I would like to know if anyone with celiac has had either of these things happen to them? My doctors are good but I need to here from someone who has experienced the same or similar symptoms I have. Thank you for your help

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 trents

trents

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Could this be unrelated to going to gluten free? Are you at the age where arthritis might be starting or is there a strong family history of RA?

#3 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:33 AM

I get joint pain as a sign of glutening. You could try to keep a food diary.

#4 juliette999

juliette999

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Could this be unrelated to going to gluten free? Are you at the age where arthritis might be starting or is there a strong family history of RA?

Hello I am 42 and up until September was pretty health I was always tired but I thought that went with working and being a mother of four. I have battled anemia my whole life no one ever seemed concerned. My parents are in their sixties and are pretty health and my grandparents all live into their late 80s early 90s with out many health problems.I just feel I am to young to be feeling the way I am feeling sometimes I can barely stand up. Let me know if you can think of something thanks.

#5 juliette999

juliette999

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

I get joint pain as a sign of glutening. You could try to keep a food diary.

Thank you but I do keep a diary and I really try to check before I eat, wash or use makeup if it contains gluten and if I can't find out I don't use it.But I will double check.Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: