#1 mario

mario

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:36 PM

Hi there guys,

I'v been on the diet for almost 5 weeks now, and, just had one accident..and, it was on my B day...my question is can you hear your villi sometimes like making little burbly noises as its digesting. Is this normal, as I am in the healing process?? I also never felt my intestine digesting before. I know I'm eating right..also

why is there gluten in medication..that is totaly ridiculous :angry: I bought gluten free tylenol two days ago..that felt so wierd, thank god the government pays for my meds...and my pharmacist is really ok..his wife has celiac, so he know what to do and, he knows how to take care of me..

Mario..

xox for the ladies xox
I'm me and, from Canada, Montreal

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 05:51 PM

bourbourigmi (the technical, if a bit funny sounding, term for that noise you're hearing) is on the list of symptoms for celiac. it can just happen to anyone sometimes too.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 mario

mario

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 06:43 PM

I have it mostly everyday..I'm sure i'm not ingesting gluten. Is it normal or somtin to be concerned about..

#4 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2004 - 10:44 AM

I get the same noises...a gurgling sound rumbling down the intestines. Usually mine happens when I'm about to have a bout of diarrhea, and it's a signal to me I made an eating mistake somehow. I don't think it should be happening to you every day, but I could be wrong.

You mentioned gluten-free Tylenol. How's that different from the regular Tylenol caplets you get in the store? I called Tylenol, and they said the caplets are gluten-free, but they wouldn't guarantee their tablets or gelcaps.

#5 mario

mario

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 02:12 PM

hi gillian...

I asked my pharmacist about the tylenol and, he told me not to chance it as there is a company here that makes medications just for celiacs..all the meds are gluten free and, my meds are payed by the government.. :blink:

you might wanna double check the tylenols..

#6 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2004 - 07:45 PM

I called Tylenol and they told me their caplets are gluten-free, and they sent a list backing that up, too, which puts my mind at ease that they offer that in writing. It's Lucky to have a pharmacy that offers gluten-free meds, though! That sounds easier that calling all the manufactuers as I do.

#7 mario

mario

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 06:55 AM

my diareeha has subsided but, my stools where a funny color this morning like light brown beige..what does that mean.. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: