9 replies to this topic

#1 Booghead

Booghead

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

Yesterday we went to a Chiropractor and an eye doctor. Last year when I had back pain we went to a normal doctor who ran tests for kidneys, bladder, and I would assume any other organ that could have been a culprit. I believe all came back fine and my back pain went away. So yesterday I had a massage and an adjustment. I'm not feeling much better in the way of back pain, and the chiropractor says I don't put my shoulders back far enough in my posture. He was telling me how much better people feel after adjustments and how much better they sleep. I didn't sleep any better and I don't feel any better. But maybe it takes time.

At the eye doctor I got a prescription for a pair of glasses, my eyes are way too dry for contacts.

Ok now to my diet plans. I'm going to try to eat a cleaner and healthier diet. Fruits and Veg with meat. I'm not going to cut out meat for my cholesterol, because my cholesterol is in healthy ranges. And here in Utah meat is always apart of dinner. This part might make you guys a little angry but I'm not going to cut out gluten either. I am surely going to cut back on processed foods which means cutting back on gluten but I am going to allow myself a piece of pizza on pizza night, or a roll at Sunday dinner. I'm not going to be eating half as much gluten as I do now, but I will be eating some.

Here are my plans. I am sure they will make me healthier and happier. I am now enrolled in a gym class at school. We stretch every day. We also run and lift weights. For now these are the plans I have decided on, if I don't get any better then I will have to cut out gluten. One step at a time. Thanks for all the responses and help you guys are amazing.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

Yesterday we went to a Chiropractor and an eye doctor. Last year when I had back pain we went to a normal doctor who ran tests for kidneys, bladder, and I would assume any other organ that could have been a culprit. I believe all came back fine and my back pain went away. So yesterday I had a massage and an adjustment. I'm not feeling much better in the way of back pain, and the chiropractor says I don't put my shoulders back far enough in my posture. He was telling me how much better people feel after adjustments and how much better they sleep. I didn't sleep any better and I don't feel any better. But maybe it takes time.

At the eye doctor I got a prescription for a pair of glasses, my eyes are way too dry for contacts.

Ok now to my diet plans. I'm going to try to eat a cleaner and healthier diet. Fruits and Veg with meat. I'm not going to cut out meat for my cholesterol, because my cholesterol is in healthy ranges. And here in Utah meat is always apart of dinner. This part might make you guys a little angry but I'm not going to cut out gluten either. I am surely going to cut back on processed foods which means cutting back on gluten but I am going to allow myself a piece of pizza on pizza night, or a roll at Sunday dinner. I'm not going to be eating half as much gluten as I do now, but I will be eating some.

Here are my plans. I am sure they will make me healthier and happier. I am now enrolled in a gym class at school. We stretch every day. We also run and lift weights. For now these are the plans I have decided on, if I don't get any better then I will have to cut out gluten. One step at a time. Thanks for all the responses and help you guys are amazing.

Sounds good to me. You may not need gluten free - just junky food free to feel better.

Of course your plans include studying hard, maybe a part time job, applying to colleges and not be distracted by boys. ;)

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 Booghead

Booghead

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Of course my plans include that! I don't have to apply to college until next September. And I of course always study hard! As for the boys...lol

#4 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

I think you are making responsible, adult changes to improve your health and life. Excellent.

Just a word about chiropractor v. massage... A good masseuse makes any massage from a chiropractor look like a 5 year-old banging on a drum.

You may need a good massage therapist, and quite frankly I only know of ONE that was found in a chiro's office. Look for a licensed therapist in your area through licensing boards in your state. Talk to them and see what they specialize in. Ask for references and call. A good masseuse is with their weight in gold.

Good luck and keep moving in a positive direction!
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#5 Lori2

Lori2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

Just for your information, my dry eye problem went away when I went gluten-free. I just realized that the other day when I became aware of the fact that it had been six months since I had used any med. for my eyes.

#6 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

I could be wrong as I read a lot of posts but didn't you test positive on blood tests? If you didn't then you have a sound plan but if you did have positive tests then staying off gluten would be a good idea. The decision is yours to make either way though and if you do need to be gluten free you may find that having the occasional gluten item makes you sick enough so you really don't want it anymore.
Either way I hope your feeling great soon.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#7 yolo

yolo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

Sounds good to me too.
With the meat, if you can, try cutting back on the fat part and see if it helps.
Here's hoping you don't have to get rid of gluten entirely and that these changes you are making will be enough.
If not, well, I think now you have a better idea of what to do.

Bea
Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

#8 Booghead

Booghead

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

I think you are making responsible, adult changes to improve your health and life. Excellent.

Just a word about chiropractor v. massage... A good masseuse makes any massage from a chiropractor look like a 5 year-old banging on a drum.

You may need a good massage therapist, and quite frankly I only know of ONE that was found in a chiro's office. Look for a licensed therapist in your area through licensing boards in your state. Talk to them and see what they specialize in. Ask for references and call. A good masseuse is with their weight in gold.

Good luck and keep moving in a positive direction!

I saw a massage therapist and then a chiropractor for the adjustment. She was a very good massage therapist, i didn't like the chiropractor nearly as much. lol

#9 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

I saw a massage therapist and then a chiropractor for the adjustment. She was a very good massage therapist, i didn't like the chiropractor nearly as much. lol

Then tell her what worked and didn't. She can adjust the next massage. The worst thing you can do is stay quiet.

If you aren't getting the results you want after a few sessions try someone else.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#10 Elizabeth5220

Elizabeth5220

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

FYI...dietary cholesterol--eating meat and eggs--has nothing to do with serum cholesterol levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: