Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

How Sensitive To Gluten Are You?

9 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

That is interesting. Ten months ago at my diagnosis I would have checked off the first box as I could eat vast amounts of gluten (i.e. during my challenge I made a gigantic list of things I would never have again and believe me, I enjoyed them). Now? No idea but as I have been strictly gluten free for ten months do not want to find out. Even if I did not have symptoms I would be terrified of it triggering another autoimmune disease.

I have been gluten free since 2005 and I feel that my system is now strong enough to handle chance cross contamination.

I feel as normal as anyone. Eating gluten free is just....well normal. :D

Geez, Louise--a thought provoking question, but one for which I have no answer.

The choices are limited.

I can eat food without obvious gluten ingredients.

Hmm. "Obvious" ingredients. I don't eat these. I know obvious gluten when I see it. I am not stupid, just grouchy.

What about those companies which will never hide or obscure gluten ingredients. Like Kraft, ConAgra, General Mills, Unliver and others. How do I vote for them?

I only eat 'gluten-free'-labeled food.

This option is beyond what I eat. I eat lots of foods that are not explicitly labeled gluten-free. Lettuce. Apples. Mushrooms. Peppers. Beef. Milk. Cheese. Butter. I could go on and on.

I eat all of these things, and do not have any problems.

Sooo... What are the results? :)

Dumb poll. I eat whole foods because they're better for me, not because I'm worried about gluten. The very limited choices cause you to choose answers that aren't related to gluten.

Sooo... What are the results? :)

At the bottom of the poll you can click on "current results" to get the current results.

I am surprised by the percentage of whole foods eaters. Maybe it has something to do with Jestgar's comment.

I only eat 'gluten-free'-labeled food.

This option is beyond what I eat. I eat lots of foods that are not explicitly labeled gluten-free. Lettuce. Apples. Mushrooms. Peppers. Beef. Milk. Cheese. Butter. I could go on and on.

I eat all of these things, and do not have any problems.

Boy, you are a grouch! I think that this answer doesn't refer to things like that.

Dumb poll. I eat whole foods because they're better for me, not because I'm worried about gluten. The very limited choices cause you to choose answers that aren't related to gluten.

DITTO.