Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Are Docs Skeptical Of Celiac Dx Without Biopsy?

• Please log in to reply

16 replies to this topic

#16 Irishgirl76

Irishgirl76

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

My son was >139 and the GI dr said he didnt even need to do the biopsy to confirm. He said, once it breaks the threshold of 100 it's absolutely positive. If the diet works and u get good results from your daughter gaining weight/feeling better/improving, that's the most important!!

That's good to know... thanks. Although now that the biopsy is done (traumatic as it was), I'm glad we have the results and no one can refute them.
Me - Feb 2012 - Celiac (Positive blood test and biopsy)
dd7- Jan 2012 - Celiac (Positive blood and biopsy), Asperger's Syndrome.
ds5 and ds3, Jan 2012 - negative Celiac panel but suspect DH, Both are HLA DQ2 pos.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 NHyogagirl

NHyogagirl

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

My daughter just had 14" of her intestines removed and I swear it is Celiac. Her surgeon says "no such thing". But another doc in hospital that is Integrative that trained under Andrew Weil said there are SO MANY FALSE negatives and people keep going on eating gluten and continuing to damage their intestines.

I can't get my daughter diagnosed since we have to go on gluten for 2 months and she absolutely can't do that. Just yesterday she had a reaction to seasoning on shrimp in a restaurant and was home sick all day with D and nausea.

Anyway, just wanted to post my thoughts about "false negatives" - my daughter will never get a diagnosis but we know for sure she can never eat gluten again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: