This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Halloween Is Coming!

musikate

musikate Apprentice

:D I just get my kids diagnosed with celiac disease, so I'm thinking about the upcoming holiday. Ikea has boxes that kids can collect money for UNICEF with. I will let them take only candy that I know is gluten-free, and if the house doesn't have any, they can simply donate to UNICEF. That way, they get less candy (a GOOD thing), but also have a sense of purpose for trick-or-treating. They've always collected for UNICEF anyway, and I think they take great pride in sending that money to the organization.

Just a thought. Any other ideas? And how do we avoid cross-contamination in the candy we decide os safe?

Kate

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

What a great idea! I never thought of collecting anything but candy on Halloween. Collecting donations for UNICEF is such a good idea....if I had kids I'd do the same :D

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast
:D That's a super idea for us Celiac families. We are also big Clay Aiken fans and since he is the UNICEF ambassador both parts fit in well for us. I am glad you suggested this early so we all can get prepared. Do we need to get special boxes or brochures or anything to collect with?
musikate Apprentice
:D That's a super idea for us Celiac families. We are also big Clay Aiken fans and since he is the UNICEF ambassador both parts fit in well for us. I am glad you suggested this early so we all can get prepared. Do we need to get special boxes or brochures or anything to collect with?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just stop by Ikea and you'll find the free boxes. When you're finished collecting, simply take the money to a Coinstar machine to donate it. Or you can mail a check in the correct amount to the address for UNICEF written on the box.

Kate

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast

Thanks Kate. I am not sure if we have Ikea in our area. We are in Ohio and I have not of them before.

celiac3270 Collaborator

This is a great list for Halloween candy:

Open Original Shared Link

And at the bottom, it has suggestions for dealing with non-gluten-free candy your child acquires:

OPTIONS FOR DEALING WITH CANDY

THAT DOES CONTAIN GLUTEN:

Donate it to your local food bank

Have gluten-free goodies on hand to "trade" your child for the unsafe stuff

Save it to use for making a Gingerbread house for the holidays (just for viewing, of course!)

Some dentists will accept your child’s candy and will "trade" it for some healthy options

Sort it, "buy it back" from your child, allow him/her to use that money to buy more gluten-free goodies

Sort it, separate it, toss it

Sort it, separate it, trade it with another child who can have that candy & trade for the gluten-free goodies

jadobson Newbie

We avoid it all together. We go to Chucky Cheese and let the kids play. We have brought in our own pizza, since it's gluten free, and they always smile, we've developed a repatoir that now they even know my son by first name and don't stop and ask anymore. It's also nice as the rest of the family can get the "real" thing. If you must have candy buy a bag of your own and have other family friends/nieghbors who are familiar with your family give it out, you could run it to others earlier. Another idea is to talk to you neighbors about how halloween is coming up and it's hard for "little johnny" as he can't eat all the candys, but he really loves " butterfinger" or what ever thier favorite might be. Some neighbors might get the hint, others may not.

Julie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Merika Contributor

I suppose a lot depends on age and what they've done previous halloweens. For our ds last year - age 2 then - we trick or treated like normal. When we got home we dumped it all out, looked at the colorful wrappers, sorted it, played with it, and a few days later got rid of it all, gluten-free or not :)

Dh kept some hidden for himself to eat, and the rest he gave to fellow students in a class. Ds did not even know the items were edible :) He did not watch other children unwrap and eat it, or us.

This year, age 3, he might be more curious. But since we don't really eat candy normally, I don't think it will be a big problem. I like celiac3270's suggestions, especially trading the gluten candy for $ which the kids could use to buy other stuff.

Merika

rmmadden Contributor

My wife and I have handed out Neon Glow-Sticks/Bracelets the past 3-years instead of candy. The kids absolutely love them and they serve a safety purpose as well while the kids are walking around in the dark. Not to mention that you can get a tube of 100 for about $10.00 versus spending more money on candy.

Cleveland Bob B)

Mjohnson73 Apprentice

Thank you for this list!

we celebrate Halloween pretty big here (we have a TON of kids in our neighborhood)...last year we had at least 100 trick or treaters or so... and my son and daughter both go trick or treating...and they get TONS of candy....

since my son will be on the gluten-free diet at that point then I will be able to see what he can and can't eat...and i really like the idea of "buying back" that candy he can't eat and then letting him buying something that is gluten-free or a new toy...

Thanks again! I have this now bookmarked...

--Maya

Generic Apprentice

We have a halloween party every year. All their friends come and I know they are safe.

brdbntL Rookie

I got a catalog for oriental trading company. Lots of little junk that kids love. I was thinking about handing that out this year.

Guest taweavmo3

OMG, I love Oriental Trading Company! My little boy was drooling over the catalog yesterday, figuring out what he could spend his money on. There is so much fun stuff in there to choose from, and it's cheap. I absolutely love this time of year.....I'm going to have to start gearing up for our first gluten-free holiday season. Once Halloween comes, Thanksgiving and Christmas seem to sneak up on me too quickly!

• 3 weeks later...
fisharefriendsnotfood Apprentice

This is what I do on Halloween:

My sister, who'se 2 and a half years younger than me, go trick-or-treating normally. Then we come home and we trade each other. She's allergic to peanuts and I'm gluten-free, so for example, I give her Smarties and she gives me a Snickers. It's fun and simple.

That's our solution!

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast

What candy corn is gluten-free? I just called Brachs and they said none of their candy is gluten-free!!

Jnkmnky Collaborator

I hate all the candy of halloween.. But we love the dressing up. I gave out glow sticks last year. All the kids loved them. I found them at a 99cent store and got containers with 12 in each for only 99 cents!!! It was great. I hope to find them again this year as I cannot bring myself to hand out candy. Does anyone have a way to eliminate candy from this holiday...or reduce it? I put quarters in the plastic eggs last easter rather than candy. That helped with the easter candy reduction. I can't think of a way to reduce the candy my kids are going to come home with this halloween.. I can't imagine they'd trade with me for something.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Here are some halloween candies that are gluten free from delphilist:

Cadbury Trebor Allan (Open Original Shared Link) (vw=1-31-03)

Regular Bars: Jersey Milk 45g, Caramilk 52g, Caramilk Rolls 47g, Burnt Almond 48g, Jersey Milk Buds 37g, Dairy Milk Rolls 47g, Caramilk Dark 52g, Pep 48g, Cerises 45g, Sweet Marie 60g, Coconut 48g, Dairy Milk 48g, Fruit and Nut 48g, Fruit et Noix 48g, Hazelnut 48g, Gold Mine 45g, Ivory Mountain 48g, Amazon Brittle, Nut Supreme 48g, Almond 48g, Crunchie 44g, Yogurt 52g, Crunchie Crush 44g,

Family Bars: Hazelnut 100g, Fruit et Noix 100g, Fruit and Nut 100g, Dairy Milk 100g, Caramilk 100g, Gold Mine 95g, Ivory Mountain 100g, Amazon Brittle 100g, Nut Supreme 100g, Almond 100g, Orange 100g, Jersey Milk 100g, Burnt Almond 100g, Premium Dark 100g, Mint 100g, Caramilk Dark 100g, Jersey Almond 100g, Jersey Toffee 100g, Raspberry 100g

Miniature Bars: Caramilk 1 bite, Dairy Milk 1 bite, Jersey Milk 2 bite, Caramilk 2 bite, Crunchie 2 bite, Dairy Milk 2 bite,

Sharing bars: Dairy Milk 200g, Fruit and Nut 200g, Fruit et Noix 200g, Hazelnut 200g, Caramilk 185g,

Fundraising Bars: Almond 100g, Caramilk 100g,

SnackBoxes/Willopack: Golden Buds 145g, Coconut 145g, Coolmints 145g, Nut Fudge Clusters 145g, Macaroons 145g & 485g, Dark Buds 145g & 485g, Golden Buds 485g

Cadbury Easter Products: Mini Eggs, Crème Eggs, Caramilk Eggs, Truffle Eggs, The Great Bunny, Magic Hollow Eggs, Hunting Eggs, Peter Rabbit, Wishing Well Hen, Solid Bunny Pops, Rabiteers,

Starch /Jelly Candy: Cherry Blasters, Fuzzy Peach, Gummi Bears, Gummi Worms, Jujubes, Sour Patch Kids, Sour Patch Keys, Swedish Berries, Wild Strawberries, Wine Gums

Other Candy: Candy Canes, Karnival Pops, Halloween Kisses

Cadbury (Cadbury Trebor Allen) CANADA (Open Original Shared Link) (vw=09/2002)

Miniatures (Caramilk 1 bite, Dairy Milk 1 bite, Jersey Milk 2 bite, Caramilk 2 bite, Crunchie 2 bite, Dairy Milk 2 bite)

Chicklets (Warner Lambert) (ve=01/12/2004)

Chicklets gum are gluten and dairy free.

Eatmore (000.000.0000) (00/00/00)

Glosette Peanuts; Glosette Raisins; Hershey Favorites (with Choc. Covered Almonds); Oh Henry; Reese Miniatures; Reese Peanut Butter Cups

Hershey's (800.468.1714) (vp=12/10/04)

Kisses, Kisses with Caramel, Rich Dark Kisses, Kisses with Almonds, Milk Duds, Almond Joy, Mr. Goodbar, Hershey Bar, Hershey Bar with Almonds, Reeses Bites (food starch corn or tapioca)

Hershey's (800.468.1714) (vs=4/24/02)

Jolly Rancher (hard candy and lollipops);

Hershey Chocolate Bars (Hershey Canada Inc)(1-800-468-1714) (vp= 07/08/2004)

Both the Creamy Milk Chocolate bars and the Special Dark Chocolate Bars are gluten-free. Since wheat is one of the eight protein allergens, it will be listed on the label, including if there was a possibility of cross-contamination. It is Hershey’s policy to list clearly list allergens on their labels. NOTE: Miniature candy bars are not gluten free (including the Special Dark and Hershey's Milk Chocolate and Mr. Goodbar candies). Hershey's says that you cannot assume that the same candy bar is gluten free in different sizes

Jelly Belly Candy (800.522.3267) (ve=4/2/02) Candy Corn (ve=09/11/02) (modified food starch is corn)

Jolly Rancher (Hershey’s) (800-468-1714) (www.hersheys.com) (ve=03/26/04)

Fruit Chews (all varieties) also Casein Free

Jolly Rancher (Hershey Foods) (800.468.1714) (vs=4/24/02)

Hard Candy and Lollipops

Just Born Candies (888.645.3453) (ve=1-13-05)

We do not use wheat, rye, barley or oats in any of our candies, which, to the best of our knowledge, are all gluten-free. The modified food starch we use in the manufacture of our jelly bean candies is corn starch. Following is a complete list of our current product line:

HALLOWEEN

Marshmallow Peeps Pumpkins, Spooky Cats And Ghosts

Marshmallow Peeps Delightfills And Cocoa Cats

Snack Pack And Variety Pack Bags - Mike And Ike, Hot Tamales And Zours

M&M's (800.551.0702) (vp=09/24/02)

The following are gluten-free: Snickers (except mini's in Canada); Skittles; Starburst; Dove (milk & dark choc); Mars Almond Bar; 3Musketeers; MilkyWay Midnight (all other MilkyWay's are not gluten-free). All mini versions of the above are gluten-free except Snickers in Canada)

Nestle chocolate & confections (Nestle USA) (800-258-6728)

Nestle will clearly label gluten ingredients. “This information includes products, which, to the best of our knowledge, do not contain wheat, rye, or barley/malt ingredients. The list may not be complete subsequent to the date of issue (8-19-03) due to formula changes and new product information. Please read each product ingredient statement for the most current information.”

CHOCOLATE BARS AND PIECES: Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, Butterfinger BBs, Chunky, Goobers, Nestle Milk Chocolate, Nestle Treasures, Nestle Turtles, Oh Henry!, Raisinets, Sno?Caps, Wonderball

CONFECTIONS AND WONKA: Bit?0?Honey, Bottlecaps, Gobstoppers, Laffy Taffy, Lik?M?Aid Fun Dip, Mix?ups, Nerds, Nips, Pixy Stix, Runts, ShockTarts, SPREE, SweeTARTS, Tangy Taffy, Tart'N Tiny

VALENTINES: Milk Chocolate Hearts, Milk Choc w/Butterfinger Hearts, Milk Choc w/Butterfinger Tigger, SweeTARTS Lollipops

EASTER: Baby Ruth Creme Egg, Butterfinger Nesteggs, Caramel Nesteggs, Milk Chocolate Nesteggs, Peanut Butter Nesteggs

CHRISTMAS: Milk Chocolate Jingles, Milk Choc w/Butterfinger Jingles, SPREE Candy Canes, SweeTARTS Candy Canes

Pez Candies (203.795.0531) (vp=09/24/02)

Pez products are gluten-free.

Smarties (USA ONLY) (Ce De Candy) (908-964-0660) (vp=10/15/2003)

Please note, these are the Smarties in the USA ONLY. Canadian Smarties are NOT gluten-free

Tootsie Rolls/Pops (www.tootsie.com) (ve=3/20/04)

Tootsie Roll and Pops are gluten-free. No flour on lines, or dusting of packaging

3 Musketeers (M&M Mars) (800-627-7852) (vp=01/15/2004)

Full size, Snack Size, and Bite Size are all the same formula and gluten-free

NOTE: THERE ARE SOME NOTATIONS THAT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN CANADA AND U.S. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Hugs.

Karen

skoki-mom Explorer

Regular Bars: Jersey Milk 45g, Caramilk 52g, Caramilk Rolls 47g, Burnt Almond 48g, Jersey Milk Buds 37g, Dairy Milk Rolls 47g, Caramilk Dark 52g, Pep 48g, Cerises 45g, Sweet Marie 60g, Coconut 48g, Dairy Milk 48g, Fruit and Nut 48g, Fruit et Noix 48g, Hazelnut 48g, Gold Mine 45g, Ivory Mountain 48g, Amazon Brittle, Nut Supreme 48g, Almond 48g, Crunchie 44g, Yogurt 52g, Crunchie Crush 44g,

Family Bars: Hazelnut 100g, Fruit et Noix 100g, Fruit and Nut 100g, Dairy Milk 100g, Caramilk 100g, Gold Mine 95g, Ivory Mountain 100g, Amazon Brittle 100g, Nut Supreme 100g, Almond 100g, Orange 100g, Jersey Milk 100g, Burnt Almond 100g, Premium Dark 100g, Mint 100g, Caramilk Dark 100g, Jersey Almond 100g, Jersey Toffee 100g, Raspberry 100g

Miniature Bars: Caramilk 1 bite, Dairy Milk 1 bite, Jersey Milk 2 bite, Caramilk 2 bite, Crunchie 2 bite, Dairy Milk 2 bite,

Sharing bars: Dairy Milk 200g, Fruit and Nut 200g, Fruit et Noix 200g, Hazelnut 200g, Caramilk 185g,

SnackBoxes/Willopack: Golden Buds 145g, Coconut 145g, Coolmints 145g, Nut Fudge Clusters 145g, Macaroons 145g & 485g, Dark Buds 145g & 485g, Golden Buds 485g

Cadbury Easter Products: Mini Eggs, Crème Eggs, Caramilk Eggs, Truffle Eggs, The Great Bunny, Magic Hollow Eggs, Hunting Eggs, Peter Rabbit, Wishing Well Hen, Solid Bunny Pops, Rabiteers,

Starch /Jelly Candy: Cherry Blasters, Fuzzy Peach, Gummi Bears, Gummi Worms, Jujubes, Sour Patch Kids, Sour Patch Keys, Swedish Berries, Wild Strawberries, Wine Gums

Miniatures (Caramilk 1 bite, Dairy Milk 1 bite, Jersey Milk 2 bite, Caramilk 2 bite, Crunchie 2 bite, Dairy Milk 2 bite)

Glosette Peanuts; Glosette Raisins; Hershey Favorites (with Choc. Covered Almonds); Oh Henry; Reese Miniatures; Reese Peanut Butter Cups

Kisses, Kisses with Caramel, Rich Dark Kisses, Kisses with Almonds, Milk Duds, Almond Joy, Mr. Goodbar, Hershey Bar, Hershey Bar with Almonds, Reeses Bites (food starch corn or tapioca)

Both the Creamy Milk Chocolate bars and the Special Dark Chocolate Bars are gluten-free.  Since wheat is one of the eight protein allergens, it will be listed on the label, including if there was a possibility of cross-contamination. It is Hershey’s policy to list clearly list allergens on their labels. NOTE:  Miniature candy bars are not gluten free (including the Special Dark and Hershey's Milk Chocolate and Mr. Goodbar candies). Hershey's says that you cannot assume that the same candy bar is gluten free in different sizes

Jelly Belly Candy (800.522.3267) (ve=4/2/02) Candy Corn (ve=09/11/02) (modified food starch is corn)

Hard Candy and Lollipops

We do not use wheat, rye, barley or oats in any of our candies, which, to the best of our knowledge, are all gluten-free. The modified food starch we use in the manufacture of our jelly bean candies is corn starch. Following is a complete list of our current product line:

HALLOWEEN

The following are gluten-free: Snickers (except mini's in Canada); Skittles; Starburst; Dove (milk & dark choc); Mars Almond Bar; 3Musketeers; MilkyWay Midnight (all other MilkyWay's are not gluten-free). All mini versions of the above are gluten-free except Snickers in Canada)

Nestle will clearly label gluten ingredients. “This information includes products, which, to the best of our knowledge, do not contain wheat, rye, or barley/malt ingredients. The list may not be complete subsequent to the date of issue (8-19-03) due to formula changes and new product information. Please read each product ingredient statement for the most current information.”

CHOCOLATE BARS AND PIECES:  Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, Butterfinger BBs, Chunky, Goobers, Nestle Milk Chocolate, Nestle Treasures, Nestle Turtles, Oh Henry!, Raisinets, Sno?Caps, Wonderball

CONFECTIONS AND WONKA:  Bit?0?Honey, Bottlecaps, Gobstoppers, Laffy Taffy, Lik?M?Aid Fun Dip, Mix?ups, Nerds, Nips, Pixy Stix, Runts, ShockTarts, SPREE, SweeTARTS, Tangy Taffy, Tart'N Tiny

VALENTINES:  Milk Chocolate Hearts, Milk Choc w/Butterfinger Hearts, Milk Choc w/Butterfinger Tigger, SweeTARTS Lollipops

EASTER:  Baby Ruth Creme Egg, Butterfinger Nesteggs, Caramel Nesteggs, Milk Chocolate Nesteggs, Peanut Butter Nesteggs

CHRISTMAS:  Milk Chocolate Jingles, Milk Choc w/Butterfinger Jingles, SPREE Candy Canes, SweeTARTS Candy Canes

Please note, these are the Smarties in the USA ONLY.  Canadian Smarties are NOT gluten-free

Tootsie Roll and Pops are gluten-free.  No flour on lines, or dusting of packaging

NOTE:  THERE ARE SOME NOTATIONS THAT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN CANADA AND U.S. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Hugs.

Karen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Karen, what an awesome list! Still so many yummy goodies to chose from! Of course it's Murphy's Law that my faves (Smarties and KitKat) are not gluten-free!!!!!

Jnkmnky Collaborator

smarties are gluten-free... Get a break bar to replace your kitkat. gluten-free mall has them I think. I just ordered dozens for my kids. They have an orange flavor now too. I ordered it, but haven't tried it yet.

e&j0304 Enthusiast

Thanks for the gluten-free candy list. I was starting to wonder if there weren't very many kinds of gluten-free candy to choose from since so many on here seem to dread the candy at halloween. Is it just that candy in general isn't healthy so that's why you wouldn't want to hand it out?

I am just wondering as it is our first Halloween since going gluten-free and I was worried that Ella wouldn't be able to eat much that got handed out at school, from grandparents, etc. I too limit how much candy she eats and she actually eats very little, but I want her to be able to have some.

Thanks again for the list.

Jnkmnky Collaborator
Thanks for the gluten-free candy list.  I was starting to wonder if there weren't very many kinds of gluten-free candy to choose from since so many on here seem to dread the candy at halloween.  Is it just that candy in general isn't healthy so that's why you wouldn't want to hand it out?

I am just wondering as it is our first Halloween since going gluten-free and I was worried that Ella wouldn't be able to eat much that got handed out at school, from grandparents, etc.  I too limit how much candy she eats and she actually eats very little, but I want her to be able to have some.

Thanks again for the list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's why I don't like to hand it out. I think sugar is bad.... we DO eat it, and I don't sweat the stuff much, but I hate the idea of a bag of candy that's going to be consumed by a small kid for days. I think it's obscene. I'd rather hand out "lucky bucks" or something like that where the kids can go trade in the "money" for something like a soccer ball at Toys R Us. The more houses you hit, the more bucks you get the bigger the "fitness" toy you can get. Kinda like Chuck eCheeses, but not as...cheesey.

skoki-mom Explorer
smarties are gluten-free...  Get a break bar to replace your kitkat.  gluten-free mall has them I think.  I just ordered dozens for my kids.  They have an orange flavor now too.  I ordered it, but haven't tried it yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, those are Canadian Smarties I was referring to! Says "wheat" right on the box!

Yep, American Smarties are gluten free but Canadian Smarties contain gluten. Go figure....... That's why I made sure I put in capital letters that there are some notations about some differences between U.S. and Canada.......

Happy pigging out!

Karen

Lisa Mentor

Hope you are feeling better Karen.  Hope your kids have a great holloween. 

Both the Creamy Milk Chocolate bars and the Special Dark Chocolate Bars are gluten-free.  Since wheat is one of the eight protein allergens, it will be listed on the label, including if there was a possibility of cross-contamination. It is Hershey’s policy to list clearly list allergens on their labels. NOTE:  Miniature candy bars are not gluten free (including the Special Dark and Hershey's Milk Chocolate and Mr. Goodbar candies). Hershey's says that you cannot assume that the same candy bar is gluten free in different sizes

Hard Candy and Lollipops

HALLOWEEN

CHOCOLATE BARS AND PIECES:  Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, Butterfinger BBs, Chunky, Goobers, Nestle Milk Chocolate, Nestle Treasures, Nestle Turtles, Oh Henry!, Raisinets, Sno?Caps, Wonderball

CONFECTIONS AND WONKA:  Bit?0?Honey, Bottlecaps, Gobstoppers, Laffy Taffy, Lik?M?Aid Fun Dip, Mix?ups, Nerds, Nips, Pixy Stix, Runts, ShockTarts, SPREE, SweeTARTS, Tangy Taffy, Tart'N Tiny

VALENTINES:  Milk Chocolate Hearts, Milk Choc w/Butterfinger Hearts, Milk Choc w/Butterfinger Tigger, SweeTARTS Lollipops

EASTER:  Baby Ruth Creme Egg, Butterfinger Nesteggs, Caramel Nesteggs, Milk Chocolate Nesteggs, Peanut Butter Nesteggs

CHRISTMAS:  Milk Chocolate Jingles, Milk Choc w/Butterfinger Jingles, SPREE Candy Canes, SweeTARTS Candy Canes

Please note, these are the Smarties in the USA ONLY.  Canadian Smarties are NOT gluten-free

Tootsie Roll and Pops are gluten-free.  No flour on lines, or dusting of packaging

NOTE:  THERE ARE SOME NOTATIONS THAT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN CANADA AND U.S. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Hugs.

Karen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Karen, I hope that you are feeling better and enjoy a great holloween.  Enjoy these time,  too soon they will become teenagers and they turn into very strange creatures.  Lisa B.

Hi Lisa!

Got myself one heck of a head/chest cold. My head feels like it is going to explode and my chest feels like it has 50 lbs. on top of it......

Taking Tylenol Sinus and Buckley's Original Mixture. Apparently, I called the company and Buckley's original mixture is gluten free, thank God, since that stuff really works wonders and works quickly, although it tastes like pure hell.

Actually, today is the first day that I started feeling a bit better. Hopefully, I have turned the corner..... I was going to keep Eileen home from school today to watch the boys since I basically could only lay on the couch yesterday and had a hard time keeping track of the boys. But she was having a really busy week at school this week and she was worried that she would miss too much if she missed a day so I didn't want to keep her home from that. So I just toughed it out today, counting the hours until the others came home!!! Planning on getting a good sleep tonight.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs.

Karen

Archived