2 replies to this topic

#1 judyw

judyw

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'm new to this gluten thing as my son has recently just become a victim. How I wish I'd looked at your post. Kellogs absolutely advertises that Cocoa Krispies is gluten free (on thier website, but not on the box). I let my son eat some and he has been sick for the last 18 hours. Doubled over in stomach pain and then it sends him to bed for hours of totally knocked out sleep. Who do you trust in this game?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

When you first start on this diet, you begin on a recovery process. Gluten has damaged the body, and until the body heals, random reactions are part of the recovery process. Just because a reaction occurs does not necessarily mean gluten. In the first stage of my recovery, I reacted to many things that were gluten-free.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 JenS

JenS

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

I'm new to this gluten thing as my son has recently just become a victim. How I wish I'd looked at your post. Kellogs absolutely advertises that Cocoa Krispies is gluten free (on thier website, but not on the box). I let my son eat some and he has been sick for the last 18 hours. Doubled over in stomach pain and then it sends him to bed for hours of totally knocked out sleep. Who do you trust in this game?

I call the manufacturer for everything I buy & definitely before eating to find out if they produce gluten containing ingredients along with the gluten free. If I remember correctly, Kellogs uses shared lines for their gluten free products which means cross contamination. I try to stick with dedicated gluten free products when I shop. Glutino & Enjoy Life make some good dedicated gluten free cereals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: