Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Skin Tags ... From Celiac?

8 posts in this topic

I have had skin tags as long as I can remember. I just realized that since I went gluten free 4 years ago no new skin tags have appeared. Is it possible that it is another symptom of Celiac? Has any one else noticed a decrease in skin tags since going gluten free? :rolleyes:

Ads by Google:

This is an excellent question, one I have wondered myself. I too have skin tags on my feet but no new ones have cropped up yet since going gluten-free.

This is an excellent question, one I have wondered myself. I too have skin tags on my feet but no new ones have cropped up yet since going gluten-free.

Very interesting! It is a bonus to not be continually getting skin tags, if it is from going gluten free it is another reason to be thankful for the celiac diagnosis. :lol: Would be interesting to know if other celiacs have noticed that too.

I don't see a connection for me. I've developed severval more on my neck in the last couple of years. I think if you are prone to getting them, you just do.

I'm with Roda!

I have had skin tags as long as I can remember. I just realized that since I went gluten free 4 years ago no new skin tags have appeared. Is it possible that it is another symptom of Celiac? Has any one else noticed a decrease in skin tags since going gluten free? :rolleyes:

I know this is an old post, but I have been researching gluten sensitivity and stumbled upon an article that mentioned a relationship with insulin resistance.  After reading this, I stumbled upon another article that relates skin tags as a symptom of insulin resistance. : http://thepaleodiet.com/skin-tags/    So it seems highly plausable there is a coorelation there. Maybe even more research :)

Tammy

I have noticed more skin tags since my diagnosis of Celiac Disease and going gluten free.  A doctor has asked me if anyone in my family is diabetic, because "diabetics have skin tags and dark patches"..... my mother had the same --dark patches and skin tags but NO diabetes in the family.  I find the mention of insulin resistance and skin tags very interesting.  In addition I have started to crave sugar.... not sure what that means.....

I am not diabetic but over the past 5 yrs or so I have developed skin tags. Also had the darkened areas of skin around the neck and underarms. I read this was caused by metabolic syndrome. I went on glucophage for this and it cleared up, but later the tags arrived. I have been doing a plant based diet , that is almost oil free, and sugar free since end of January and went off the glucophage and cut my blood pressure med in half and ready to eliminate that soon.

Tammy