• Please log in to reply

7 replies to this topic

nb-canada

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

I have had skin tags as long as I can remember. I just realized that since I went gluten free 4 years ago no new skin tags have appeared. Is it possible that it is another symptom of Celiac? Has any one else noticed a decrease in skin tags since going gluten free? :rolleyes:
Happy to be Gluten-Free!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

AVR1962

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

This is an excellent question, one I have wondered myself. I too have skin tags on my feet but no new ones have cropped up yet since going gluten-free.
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

nb-canada

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:40 AM

This is an excellent question, one I have wondered myself. I too have skin tags on my feet but no new ones have cropped up yet since going gluten-free.

Very interesting! It is a bonus to not be continually getting skin tags, if it is from going gluten free it is another reason to be thankful for the celiac diagnosis. :lol: Would be interesting to know if other celiacs have noticed that too.
Happy to be Gluten-Free!

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

I don't see a connection for me. I've developed severval more on my neck in the last couple of years. I think if you are prone to getting them, you just do.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

I'm with Roda!

tammyinwv

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:13 PM

I have had skin tags as long as I can remember. I just realized that since I went gluten free 4 years ago no new skin tags have appeared. Is it possible that it is another symptom of Celiac? Has any one else noticed a decrease in skin tags since going gluten free? :rolleyes:

I know this is an old post, but I have been researching gluten sensitivity and stumbled upon an article that mentioned a relationship with insulin resistance.  After reading this, I stumbled upon another article that relates skin tags as a symptom of insulin resistance. : http://thepaleodiet.com/skin-tags/    So it seems highly plausable there is a coorelation there. Maybe even more research :)

Tammy

jeanzdyn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

I have noticed more skin tags since my diagnosis of Celiac Disease and going gluten free.  A doctor has asked me if anyone in my family is diabetic, because "diabetics have skin tags and dark patches"..... my mother had the same --dark patches and skin tags but NO diabetes in the family.  I find the mention of insulin resistance and skin tags very interesting.  In addition I have started to crave sugar.... not sure what that means.....

What is food to one man may be fierce poison to others. —--Lucretius

I miss bread! But I love Kinnikinnick gluten free pizza crust.

Diagnosed celiac disease: November 2011 (biopsy and endoscopy)
other conditions: asthma, arthritis

tammyinwv

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

I am not diabetic but over the past 5 yrs or so I have developed skin tags. Also had the darkened areas of skin around the neck and underarms. I read this was caused by metabolic syndrome. I went on glucophage for this and it cleared up, but later the tags arrived. I have been doing a plant based diet , that is almost oil free, and sugar free since end of January and went off the glucophage and cut my blood pressure med in half and ready to eliminate that soon.

Tammy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: