2 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissyb

Chrissyb

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

My daughter made the best fish-n-chips for dinner last night. We don't usually deep fry food but we were all craving fish-n-chips. We used Pamela's Pancake and Baking mix, you can use water, 7up or milk, one egg and spices. Put whatever spices you want. We used paprika,salt, pepper, garlic and onion. OMG it was so so good. Not good for me but so yummy. Now I know what to use to make homemade onion rings, which I so miss. She also made a Jello Berry Pie. I am going to gain 20 pounds if she keeps cooking like this.
Chrissy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

My daughter made the best fish-n-chips for dinner last night. We don't usually deep fry food but we were all craving fish-n-chips. We used Pamela's Pancake and Baking mix, you can use water, 7up or milk, one egg and spices. Put whatever spices you want. We used paprika,salt, pepper, garlic and onion. OMG it was so so good. Not good for me but so yummy. Now I know what to use to make homemade onion rings, which I so miss. She also made a Jello Berry Pie. I am going to gain 20 pounds if she keeps cooking like this.

Sounds yummy! But I'm sure there are some of us who would like her to visit if she's willing to do the cooking! Posted Image
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3 Wenmin

Wenmin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Onion rigns can be easily made by soaking them in an egg and milk batter. When ready to fry, pass them in corn flour or corn meal.

Wenmin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: