This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Critical Replies

AVR1962

Korwyn Explorer

You people!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

If you were to bother to educate yourselves and read all the science I have read but can't be bothered to look up right now, you'd realize that NONE of your B12 remedies will work UNLESS you expose the tablets to the full moon as close to the spring equinox as possible AND you can only purchase them from the site that charges you twice as much, but guarantees that they've been chanted over to remove residual evil from the manufacturing process (touching metal and all that).

No wonder none of you are getting any better. <_<

I thought there was a goat sacrifice involved..... :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

beebs Enthusiast

I think people are people, sometimes people are grumpy, sometimes they take things the wrong way etc. I'm not sure there is a really nice way of saying someone is wrong? Obviously they think they are right. and most people get defensive when they are called into questions I think. I just leave it - even if someone is glaringly wrong about something I'll let others say something because I can't be bothered arguing over things. Having said that - this is by far one of the the nicest forums I have ever been on. You want to see mean, b%$@#y and critical? Log onto mothers forums - I swear - they are something else :lol:

Aly1 Contributor

I think people are people, sometimes people are grumpy, sometimes they take things the wrong way etc. I'm not sure there is a really nice way of saying someone is wrong? Obviously they think they are right. and most people get defensive when they are called into questions I think. I just leave it - even if someone is glaringly wrong about something I'll let others say something because I can't be bothered arguing over things. Having said that - this is by far one of the the nicest forums I have ever been on. You want to see mean, b%$@#y and critical? Log onto mothers forums - I swear - they are something else :lol:

Yes Beebs, it was mommy forums I was referring to in my earlier post! Hormones...!

beebs Enthusiast

The worst hey? I ended up getting so stressed on one I had to leave because it was making me anxious!!! haha~

Aly1 Contributor

I thought you had to crush the B12 and sprinkle it into your bra as powder? :D

I tried that. My boobs got bigger but I was still feeling lousy.

Skylark Collaborator

Problem with not saying anything is that everyone ends up thinking the can't lick envelopes or drink tea because of imaginary gluten! :lol: The Internet is a very weird place.

Little do they know that vitamin B12 manufactured during a full moon that has been put in the trunk of a hollow oak tree for six months and then homeopathically treated with the color blue would let them lick envelopes without fear. ;)

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

If it was my reaction to a 15-year old review article that set this off (which I suspected from the moment I saw the post), you might notice I apologized in the thread.

I thought you had to crush the B12 and sprinkle it into your bra as powder? :D

My husband has volunteered to do this for me. What a guy! :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Melissa Palomo Apprentice

I don't think a single forum exists out there with *no* drama - and if it does, it only has a single member. :lol: I run a forum, I get how difficult it can be to maintain the peace. I think this one has seemed quite nice and welcoming thus far, but I'm used to boards full of catty bored women. :P People need to do their best to type as though they were speaking to one face to face... beyond that? Taking the good and leaving the bad is my best advice. :)

kareng Grand Master

Little do they know that vitamin B12 manufactured during a full moon that has been put in the trunk of a hollow oak tree for six months and then homeopathically treated with the color blue would let them lick envelopes without fear. ;)

OK guys! I want to see some valid research on this B12 stuff! Please include your pics of aliens or the Yeti. :P

mushroom Proficient

When I took a sublingual B12 ( it must not have had the full moon Rx) an alien took ahold of my body and threatened to feed me to the Yeti. I pleaded and said "no, no, not the Yeti," and he said "Oh, all right, I'll just give you a face full of acne". Do you think it was a glutenized alien that he was able to summon forth acne like that? I'm sorry, I have no pics for documentation, either of the alien or the acne :P and fortunately didn't get as far as the Yeti.

Lisa Mentor

Staying on Topic....with respect to the OP:

If I didn't know better, I would say there was a full moon rising in these recent days. :unsure:

I used to make fly by pass and post a response to a questions when I checked my computer. Now, I have to think, analyze and think again, to insure it's dissection won't be too painful. And yet, I still don't get it right. Now that's not right, I'm sorry to say. :huh: It saddens me, terribly.

Sometimes words expressed, are hiding the brokenness we have all felt at times in our lives. We should respect that more when we choose to respond and lighten up a bit. IMHO.

Darn210 Enthusiast

People need to do their best to type as though they were speaking to one face to face... beyond that? Taking the good and leaving the bad is my best advice. :)

Well said.

IrishHeart Veteran

I don't think a single forum exists out there with *no* drama - and if it does, it only has a single member. :lol: I run a forum, I get how difficult it can be to maintain the peace. I think this one has seemed quite nice and welcoming thus far, but I'm used to boards full of catty bored women. :P People need to do their best to type as though they were speaking to one face to face... beyond that? Taking the good and leaving the bad is my best advice. :)

:lol: :lol: catty bored women :lol: :lol:

sounds like the drivel they call "daytime TV"

Hurrah!! Another voice of reason for the fold! Welcome, kiddo! ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

Now, I have to think, analyze and think again, to insure it's dissection won't be too painful. And yet, I still don't get it right. Now that's not right, I'm sorry to say. :huh: It saddens me, terribly.

Sometimes words expressed, are hiding the brokenness we have all felt at times in our lives. We should respect that more when we choose to respond and lighten up a bit. IMHO.

Melissa Palomo Apprentice

:lol: :lol: catty bored women :lol: :lol:

sounds like the drivel they call "daytime TV"

Hurrah!! Another voice of reason for the fold! Welcome, kiddo! ;)

haha! Yes, so true. The internet has allowed a new world to open up - those daytime tv shows have lost some of their viewership to things like mommy forums and scrapbooking message boards. :D

Thanks! Glad to be here. ;)

psawyer Proficient

Glad to be here. ;)

Glad to have you, Melissa.

• 3 weeks later...
cougie23 Explorer

One other point I forgot to make: The whole thing about backing every little thing up with official research. Research in the area of GI is really far behind what many of us on here already know. If we only followed published research, then those of us with NCGI would not have "existed" before 2009, and largely still don't if you look at the medical community at large. So while I always appreciate having research to back things up, for me I think there is a grayer area where people's personal experience is really valuable. If all I wanted was PubMed docs I could get that elsewhere. What I am here for is living breathing individual experiences that fill in the blanks where current research is lacking. Official research is icing for me, not a requirement...and if someone tells me that slipping b12 tabs into my bra each morning will give me a boost, I'll be sure to research it myself before proceeding! :)

I sooooo agreee!!!! BRAVO!

Also....You know GUYS....theres allways the negitive button. I overstepped once when I was first diagnosed...but the moderators sure put me if my place! I was sooo offended by what someone had done that I said something...and was told that it was a miss understanding.But being still glutened and irritable and very emotoonal ...I remember it felt like such a harsh slap in the face ..especialy that (-) mark glaring at me!

I felt so hurt (the gluten again) I allmost didn't come back! But I realized I was being over emotional and appologized to the poster and the board in general!I remembered feeling like EVERYONE was AGAINST me! It was Just me though....noone else even cared! It's easy to get to emotoanal...selfcentered..and whatnot when your sick...it's part of our disease...we have embalances...no one day is the same! and we should allways take that into acount..you never know where people are mentaly when they write things...they probably have no IDEA how there coming off! Look at KARANG...LOL she comes off harsh sometimes ..but extreamly caring and sweet at other times...once I got to know her better...I realized she just has a very sharp wit(Dry sence of hummor)

But is actually a very nice person!

But like I said...Its easy to take offense (and misspell..LOL)...But if your REALLY ERKED...USE THE NEGITIVE BUTTON!!! :ph34r:B)

( p.s. Heart you KARANG...don't take this the wrong way...your just a good examle because you come across harsh sometimes..LOL..and your not the ONLY moderater either...but once you get to know a persons personality better, it's not so harsh!) :D:D:D

Archived