1 reply to this topic

#1 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

My son and I were diagnosed with celiac disease (here in Boston) last March and my brother in Boise is just now getting around to being tested. His MD seems unsure of why he wants a test - he has some random, unexplained symptoms that may be related to gluten, but no "classic" symptoms. I know he should get the test regardless of symptoms, just because it runs in the family. He current MD just doesn't seem to be up on the latest information. Can anyone recommend a doctor in Boise that is knowledgeable about celiac disease and the testing process?

Thanks -

Cara

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cap6

cap6

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

My son and I were diagnosed with celiac disease (here in Boston) last March and my brother in Boise is just now getting around to being tested. His MD seems unsure of why he wants a test - he has some random, unexplained symptoms that may be related to gluten, but no "classic" symptoms. I know he should get the test regardless of symptoms, just because it runs in the family. He current MD just doesn't seem to be up on the latest information. Can anyone recommend a doctor in Boise that is knowledgeable about celiac disease and the testing process?

Thanks -

Cara

I don't live there or know any drs but when traveling through we found a store called Jakes that is all gluten-free. The best home made french bread Ihave ever had!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: