• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

BrittLoves2Run

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

This past weekend I went to Red Robin for my first meal out Gluten free. I asked for their gluten free menu and the girl only brought me 1 of the 2 printed pages. I only knew because I had looked up the gluten free menu before I left the house. I ended up getting a burger and instead of bread they wrapped it in lettuce. It sounded good in theory, but with all the mayonnaise they smeared on it (which I wish I would have thought to ask about) made it EXTREMELY messy to eat. Still, it tasted pretty awesome. I also got steamed carrots. When we got the bill, it did say GLUTEN FREE/WHEAT ALLERGY on the receipt next to my meal which made me feel better for some reason, like maybe they were extra careful.

All in all it was a pretty good experience. Id go there again to eat another meal.

--Brittany
Dxed with IBS in 2010
Celiac Panel/Thyroid blood test done on 1/19/2012
1/23/2012- Positive Celiac blood tests/ TSH Levels 4.5 (range 0.4-5.5)  --- 1/24/2012- Gluten free

Became "Mom" June/2014

Dx'd Hypothyroid 2/3/15 (TSH 7.8) ---- DX'd Hashimoto's 2/6/15 Confirmed by Ultrasound.& TpoAB Antibodies 985

Suspect: Reynaud's - Fingers turn bright white, and nails beds turn purple

Celiac.com Sponsor:

ctenny

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

I just ate there 2 nights ago for Dinner. I too had their "protein style" hamburger, and their fries (as they are gluten free). The menu said the fries were cooked in a common fryer, but the waiter and manager said they weren't.

I agree, the mayo did make the sandwich quite messy, but it was still a pretty delicious sandwich.

MindytheOrganist

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

We go there quite a lot for lunch. Yes the protein-style burgers are messy, hubby just ends up eating it with a knife and fork.

The fries are fried in a dedicated fryer, BUT, the manager told us if they get busy, they may use the dedicated fryer for other things.

That is why we go to lunch at 11:30.

hillary13

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

i thought red robin had gluten free buns now??

mommyto2kids

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

We go there quite a lot for lunch. Yes the protein-style burgers are messy, hubby just ends up eating it with a knife and fork.

The fries are fried in a dedicated fryer, BUT, the manager told us if they get busy, they may use the dedicated fryer for other things.

That is why we go to lunch at 11:30.

Then it wouldn't be a dedicated fryer if it was used for other things. That is a confusing thing for them to say!

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

i thought red robin had gluten free buns now??

The RR by us does. It wasn't advertised, but when I put in my order, my server asked if I wanted one. I figured I haven't had a 'real' hamburger in over 4 years, why not?? It was pretty good. I think it was Udi's, judging by taste/texture alone. I'll probably skip it next time though. I'm so used to eating it wrapped in lettuce, I didn't really feel like it added anything to it.

HOWEVER, I was really excited that they added that option to their menu.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: