This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Have Just Discovered Udi's Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Monklady123

Monklady123 Collaborator

My Target has started carrying Udi's cinnamon raisin bread, the first store I've found it in. And there is a big problem with this bread!

The BIG PROBLEM is that it is SO good and I'm eating it too much! I just ate practically half a loaf, with cream cheese. :ph34r: First of all, I am supposed to be on Weight Watchers. I don't even want to know how many points that is. And second, what kind of a dinner is that? :lol:

My new love, Udi's Cinnamon Raisin bread. :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

My Target has started carrying Udi's cinnamon raisin bread, the first store I've found it in. And there is a big problem with this bread!

The BIG PROBLEM is that it is SO good and I'm eating it too much! I just ate practically half a loaf, with cream cheese. :ph34r: First of all, I am supposed to be on Weight Watchers. I don't even want to know how many points that is. And second, what kind of a dinner is that? :lol:

:D

I have heard its great so I haven't tried it. I have too many things I shouldn't be eating already (calorie-wise). I have also heard it freezes well and makes great toast - 1 piece at a time. :o

Darn210 Enthusiast

I have also heard it freezes well and makes great toast - 1 piece at a time. :o

This is what my daughter does . . . then she butters it and puts MORE cinnamon and sugar on it . . . because when you're 10, there is no such thing as too much cinnamon and sugar . . . also, no such thing as too much cinnamon and sugar when you're in your 40's either :P

FernW Rookie

Sounds great, waiting till they get it here. Then after I eat 1/2 a loaf I will feel guilty with a big smile on my face and my hand on my ever expanding tummy.

Melissa Palomo Apprentice

This bread is most definitely a treat for me - I love it when I'm craving something sweet and don't want to give in to the calories for a full on dessert. ;)

ElseB Contributor

I love Udi's millet-chia bread. Unfortunately so does my non-Celiac husband - he ate half the loaf last time! (though in his defense, we have no regular bread in the house)

finally diagnosed Apprentice

I love their bread. I do know that 2 slices of regular or multi grain bread is 4 points.. i hope this helps.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Monklady123 Collaborator

I love their bread. I do know that 2 slices of regular or multi grain bread is 4 points.. i hope this helps.

Lol... so, if two slices of regular bread is 4 points then how many points is half a loaf, with each piece slathered in cream cheese?? :o:ph34r::blink:

oy. :P

Gemini Experienced

Lol... so, if two slices of regular bread is 4 points then how many points is half a loaf, with each piece slathered in cream cheese?? :o:ph34r::blink:

This thread has cracked me up! It's good to see people enjoy their food! :lol:

I feel the same way about Canyon cinnamon raisin bread. I stopped buying it for awhile because I made a piggy of myself. Thank God we have people who make the effort to develop good gluten-free bread!

kareng Grand Master

Well....It does have raisins for much needed fiber. And Calcium from the cream cheese. Cinnamon is very good for you.....

So I think we can rationalize that there was some real health benefits.

killernj13 Enthusiast

This is what we have the 49 bonus points for. I know this is not WW either but try it with Nutella.

Adalaide Mentor

Well....It does have raisins for much needed fiber. And Calcium from the cream cheese. Cinnamon is very good for you.....So I think we can rationalize that there was some real health benefits.

I like the way you think! I always try to think up some random healthy reason to be eating the sweets I love. I've been eying that bread every time I stop in the store and now I think I'm going to have to buy it.

Monklady123 Collaborator

Well....It does have raisins for much needed fiber. And Calcium from the cream cheese. Cinnamon is very good for you.....

So I think we can rationalize that there was some real health benefits.

Oh good! I forgot all about the healthy parts! B)

Monklady123 Collaborator

This is what we have the 49 bonus points for. I know this is not WW either but try it with Nutella.

Gasp! With Nutella? omg... :ph34r:

You do realize that I'm waaaaaaaaaaay over the 49 points, don't you? ;)

Emily30 Newbie

thanks for the idea! Sounds great!

Archived