arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Sooo Thirsty, Frequent Urination, Celiac Related?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hspichke

hspichke

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

I am 7 weeks pregnant, and went gluten free a little over a month ago due to positive celiac blood panel (Couldn't do the endoscopy due to pregnancy). I have been a little more "regular" but so far no other changes. However, the last two weeks (every day seems worse) I have been so ridiculously thirsty and urinating as soon as I drink something. I'll drink a glass of water then have to use the restroom about 10 min later, it's like my body isn't retaining ANY of it. I have also lost 6 lbs. I am worried the baby isn't getting any nutrients, I will be calling my GI tomorrow but anyone have this happen or know what could be going on?
Asthma, Hyperthyroidism (After childbirth), Endometriosis, Migraines with aura, Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome, Celiac Disease.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AVR1962

AVR1962

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

I am 7 weeks pregnant, and went gluten free a little over a month ago due to positive celiac blood panel (Couldn't do the endoscopy due to pregnancy). I have been a little more "regular" but so far no other changes. However, the last two weeks (every day seems worse) I have been so ridiculously thirsty and urinating as soon as I drink something. I'll drink a glass of water then have to use the restroom about 10 min later, it's like my body isn't retaining ANY of it. I have also lost 6 lbs. I am worried the baby isn't getting any nutrients, I will be calling my GI tomorrow but anyone have this happen or know what could be going on?

Definately be seen by your doc. I almost wonder if you might have a bladder infection.
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#3 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

You may want your doc to check your blood sugar.

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#4 maximoo

maximoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

I second the blood sugar chk.

#5 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

Third getting your blood sugar checked.

#6 jswog

jswog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

I'm 12 weeks now and have been doing the same for a while. I know I lost some, but I'm not sure exactly how much I lost with my morning sickness and just plain not being able to eat. I'm also a member at babycenter.com and many others have also experienced the same. Yesterday during the 30min or so that my husband and I were in the grocery store picking up superbowl snacks, I had to pee three times. And I'm getting up sometimes as many as 4-5 times each night. But if you're worried, I'd definately talk to your OB/midwife about it and get their opinion.

#7 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Hspichke & Jswog, if you not experiencing a bladder infection it could also be gestational diabetes, less common but it does happen during pg. I had it and low blood iron with my last pg. I was real sick, lots of nausea, energy would just quickly drain my body. I started taking a iron supplement, not something the doc suggested for me. Do take a look at your labs if they are testing your iron levels. And docs put me on a low carb diet and that fixed it. I pretty much ate fresh veggies and meat, eggs and the like but stayed away from sweets and I was fine.
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#8 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

I've had similar thirst and frequent urinating too but I was informed by a doc that it could be gestational diabetes so I need to cool it on the sugars, I'm pregnant so water is huge during this time (needed for baby's growth and flushing out toxins), and being pregnant will cause one to urinate alot anyway. There is pressure on the bladder now more than ever. ;)

If your labs come out good than don't worry, just keep drinking water, baby's whole development and the womb will need it for expantion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: