Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Exercise Recovery Is Improving

5 posts in this topic

Yesterday I played hockey with my tenage son. 'Normally', I would be totally incapacitated today. (I am 52). To my surprise I am only a bit stiff-I even did a light workout! Hope this can be some inspiration. Hell-maybe I can still make the Habs!

Ads by Google:

Yeah! I went running with my teenage, cross country team captain daughter and same thing. Isn't it wonderful to get healthy again? I'm also 52! It is like we are getting younger instead of older now, isn't it?

I hope I can look forward to this soon - I'm 32 and am tired. Been gluten-free for about four months, and still have a lot of vitamin deficiencies (maybe part of why I'm tired, I guess). I really want to get back to working out, but have a hard time starting out as slow as I need to - I want to jump back into where I was. Looking forward to recovering like you both!

Hi, quick introduction....name is Paul and I'm a long term competitive cyclist although I'm doing some running now and hopefully do triathlon at some stage. I think my situation is atypical. I was diagnosed with celiac disease after having DH and mild stomach pain for 1-2 years. I'd say mainstays of my diet were wheat based products such as cereal and bread. I don't think the celiac disease had kicked in enough for it to have affected my speed - infact I had my best year ever on the bike this year. I'm still hoping celiac disease doesn't now go on to affect me even though I'm going gluten-free now...infact some people gave suggested performance my improve with the reduced inflammation. Feel free to get in touch as am learning all the time and use sports nutrition so can suggest which products I've not had an issue with, and my experiences with different foods and how it's fitting into my training.

Great to hear!! Im 37 and only a few weeks gluten free, I'm hoping for some increased energy and recovery so I can get back to weight training.