4 replies to this topic

#1 BarryC

BarryC

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Yesterday I played hockey with my tenage son. 'Normally', I would be totally incapacitated today. (I am 52). To my surprise I am only a bit stiff-I even did a light workout! Hope this can be some inspiration. Hell-maybe I can still make the Habs!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Yeah! I went running with my teenage, cross country team captain daughter and same thing. Isn't it wonderful to get healthy again? I'm also 52! It is like we are getting younger instead of older now, isn't it?

#3 archaeo in FL

archaeo in FL

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

I hope I can look forward to this soon - I'm 32 and am tired. Been gluten-free for about four months, and still have a lot of vitamin deficiencies (maybe part of why I'm tired, I guess). I really want to get back to working out, but have a hard time starting out as slow as I need to - I want to jump back into where I was. Looking forward to recovering like you both!

#4 zamm0

zamm0

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

Hi, quick introduction....name is Paul and I'm a long term competitive cyclist although I'm doing some running now and hopefully do triathlon at some stage. I think my situation is atypical. I was diagnosed with celiac disease after having DH and mild stomach pain for 1-2 years. I'd say mainstays of my diet were wheat based products such as cereal and bread. I don't think the celiac disease had kicked in enough for it to have affected my speed - infact I had my best year ever on the bike this year. I'm still hoping celiac disease doesn't now go on to affect me even though I'm going gluten-free now...infact some people gave suggested performance my improve with the reduced inflammation. Feel free to get in touch as am learning all the time and use sports nutrition so can suggest which products I've not had an issue with, and my experiences with different foods and how it's fitting into my training.

#5 M-Rods

M-Rods

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Great to hear!! Im 37 and only a few weeks gluten free, I'm hoping for some increased energy and recovery so I can get back to weight training.
Diagnosed Celiac Oct 26, 2012
Gluten free since Oct 29, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: