Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Saskatchewan

13 posts in this topic

Hi

Any other gluten free's in Saskatchewan, western Canada, or Canada?

Ads by Google:

Hi

Hi there!

I was born and raised in Saskatchewan but now live in Alberta. What area of SK are you from?

I had no idea this section existed lol. Im in Edmonton.

Hi

Are you a guy or gal? Sure would like to meet more guys with gluten intolerance. It seems to be more of a female issue, but I think girls are more willing to share while guys would rather not.

I was thinking the same thing. I dont think its more of a female issue. Just seems not many guys want to talk about it.

British Columbia here...............up north. Love Kinnikinnick....can't wait to try their new breads to see if they are as good as they say they are.

I am originally from the Edmonton area.

British Columbia here...............up north. Love Kinnikinnick....can't wait to try their new breads to see if they are as good as they say they are.

The new Kinnikinnick bread is pretty good. The closest to normal bread that I have tried. Im still trying to find Glutino Genius bread though. Thats also supposed to be good.

Manitoba :) very close to the sk border though (seriously... about 10km haha)

I love kinnikinnik products. their pancake mix is so good. I can't find it in my home town anymore though. I generally have to buy gluten-free products in a city. taste of Thai noodles are available everywhere though it seems. they're great if you're a Thai food fan. and on the topic of glutino- Wal-Mart now sells their products! in the "organic/natural" sections of the isles

I'm in Sask. But I'm not the one with Celiac in my family...my 4yo son does

Hi

Over here in Central BC!

Lived 'Up North' for 23 years, now down in Central BC Have you tried KinnickKinnick pizza crusts.......Yum! And how about Udi's breads,bagels and oooh YUM.. Snickerdoodles!

I'm in Saskatchewan! Brand new to this whole Celiac thing though, so I haven't tried any of those products.

I am in Alberta. I just moved North of Edmonton last summer, but still work in downtown Edmonton. I was diagnosised to go Gluten Free on January 18th. I just joined this forum today to find support from other Canadians. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I had a negative biopsy and was still diagnosed with Celiac. My GI ran a bunch of tests looking for the cause of my 15+ years of diarrhea and the only thing that came back positive was the entire Celiac panel. All very high. So he performed an endoscopy with biopsy. The biopsy was negative. So he ordered a genetic test. When that came back as "high risk" he decided a trial gluten free diet was in order. After 8 weeks my symptoms resolved and my antibodies were back to normal. Since then, follow up testing had shown I have osteoporosis. I am a 40 year old male.  So yes, you can definitely still have it and have significant damage with a negative biopsy. 
    • Annual celiac antibody testing is, in my opinion (and based on what celiac researchers have published), is critical, especially for a 12 year old.  Life is going to get harder for her.  Peer pressure is huge (I have a 15 year old daughter), and remaining diet compliant can be tough.   In Dr. Fasano's, Gluten Freedom, he discusses a young patient who became ill in high school after being gluten free for years.  His parents were perplexed.  Dr. Fasano took the young man aside and he confessed that while on a date, he didn't want to bring up his celiac disease.  So, he ate pizza.  He was too embarrassed to tell his parents.   My daughter does not have celiac disease.  She was first tested two years ago.  Since she is symptom free, is not anemic and her other lab work is fine, we'll wait to test her in another year.  It all depends on the patient, but every few years, testing is recommended for all undiagnosed first-degree relatives.   It certainly sounds like your younger children should be screened.   I wish you both well!      
    • Perhaps you should consider asking for a GI referral.  You might just skip the blood tests and go directly to an endoscopy/biopsies while you are still consuming gluten.  It is the "gold" standard for a celiac diagnosis anyway!   Here's the deal with going gluten free.  You can do it.  It costs nothing, but you must give it six months or longer.  You'd need to think like a celiac, but it can be done!  I'll tell you my tale.  My hubby went gluten-free 15 years ago per the very poor advice of his GP/PCP and my allergist.  After a year of mistakes and learning, he got well.  It worked!  Thirteen years later, I was formally diagnosed.  (It was a shock as I was only anemic at the time.)  Hubby would be the first to say that I have had way more support from family, friends and medical.  I must say, it's nice to see those lab results.  It really helped me adhere to the diet in the beginning too.   So, you know your medical situation.  You must do what's best for you!   I hope you feel better soon!  
    • I'm sure going to have a long talk with my doctor.  Then I'll find a new one that will support me and make sure that my daughter and I both have the proper testing done yearly.  
    • also:  glutendude - i don't get it.  shouldn't it be glutenfreedude?  lolz i eat out few and far between.  most of the times i've been glutened it's been eating out.  this weekend i'm getting my bacon cheeseburger on at red robin  i always get my 'good' waitress - lucky, i guess, paula takes good care of me   and i will eat at bonefish but they have a limited 'safe' menu.  look for places that have the 'GiG'  training they know their stuff.  mellow mushroom, melting pot, california pizza kitchen, pf changs are all supposed to be trained that way.  they know to avoid cc and change their gloves, etc.  
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jashan8534