3 replies to this topic

#1 heidi g.

heidi g.

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

My genetic testing came back positive for carrying the genes. My blood work was negative. My biopsy showed damaged. He said it's possible for people to walk around with the genes and not have celiacs. He told me to try the gluten free diet to confirm and I been doing it since October 2011. I'm not getting this... Anyone else have results like mine?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Sweetea888

Sweetea888

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

My genetic testing came back positive for carrying the genes. My blood work was negative. My biopsy showed damaged. He said it's possible for people to walk around with the genes and not have celiacs. He told me to try the gluten free diet to confirm and I been doing it since October 2011. I'm not getting this... Anyone else have results like mine?

Yes. My blood work was either negative or non-conclusive. (It was almost seven years ago so I don't remember.) The gastroenterologist bet me $50 that I didn't have celiac disease but my internal medicine doctor was sure I did. I had already had a colonoscopy that didn't show any major problems a year before. My doctor insisted that the next colonoscopy have biopsies EVERYWHERE. I only had damage in one small area close to my ileocecal valve, but I was diagnosed with having celiac disease and went on the gluten free diet. I got better almost immediately. My problems with fibromyalgia improved immensely and my stomach problems stopped. Now I only have problems when I accidentally get gluten.

Note of caution...there is gluten in LOTS of things - salad dressings, salsa, soy sauce, spices, soup, shampoo, makeup.
There is a lot of information available about what foods are safe. Good luck.

#3 Metoo

Metoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

You aren't seeing any improvement yet?

Sounds like you have celiac, he just wants you to eat gluten free to confirm.

I went gluten free in November. I have had to stop eating eggs, and now lactose to feel better.

#4 heidi g.

heidi g.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

I see an improvement on and off. But my nutritionist said she thinks because i have such a bad anxiety disorder and stressful life that my stomach isn't healing as fast as it could be. I can't tolerate corn, eggs, or alcohol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: