This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Heart Palpitations

Blue-eyed bandit

Blue-eyed bandit Apprentice

Hi I'm new here and also diagnosed with Hiatal Hernia. I've been getting palpitations for some time now, and have been cleared by the doctor as having begnin PVCs and PACs. But lately I've been getting a new symptom of boomboomboomboom then regular rythm. It's almost like 2-5 fast beats in a row with some irregular beats or flutters before or after or sometimes not at all just normal rythm picks back up. It's been scary! With my new celiac diagnosis I've noticed a decline in these beats but still getting them around ovulation until my period starts or ends- it goes from sometimes 1x month to 1-4x daily on and off during the times I mentioned above. My question is for all those suffering are ur beats like mine and diagnosed as afib or svt? My nurse thinks svt but hasn't caught it on a moniter yet. And have you seen a decrease or complete cure from them when u removed all gluten and cc? I was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Here is a previous thread that might interest you:

Korwyn Explorer

The very first symptoms I ever had were heart related and onset of chronic rhinitis quite literally at the same time when I became involved in a lawsuit against my former employer. I was 20. Heart palpitations and Tachycardia. Nothing was every found even after a weekend of wearing a Holter monitor. They said it was stress and caffeine.

The very last non-celiac related test I went through, just before my diagnosis 20 years later, was a Nuclear Heart stress test. I'd been having classic heart attack and atherosclerosis symptoms, including shortness of breath, pain radiating down the arm and up into the jaw, feeling like my legs were being squeezed and other indicators of heart disease. Other than being told I was out of shape, everything came out perfect. That was three weeks prior to going gluten-free. The last issues I had with any of the heart related problems (palpitations, angina, tachycardia, etc.) were literally the day I before I went gluten-free. It's been 2 years and 42 weeks tomorrow.

I've been gluten free for awhile on and off but been gluten-free strictly just for a couple weeks since my celiac came back. But I'm still having issues. Maybe it's my cc? My husband and live in fil gluten up the kitchen daily with bread crumbs and I also use the same utensils pots and pans that are stainless steel etc. I'm wondering if I need to cut that out too?

mushroom Proficient

Cross-contamination could be an issue, but should not be with well washed stainless steel. Do you have separate cutting boards? What about wooden or plastic utensils? Scratched non-stick pans?

Even if the above are not an issue, crumbs are!! You need to have them clean up after themselves, and keep one area of your kitchen counter totally gluten free where no gluten ever touches it. You need your own dishwashing sponge and towels. And you need to keep your gluten free foods on separate shelves in pantry and fridge (the higher shelves so that nothing falls on them).

Mushroom- I use cast iron which I have one that's only mine that I hide- sometimes I share the others is that a problem? I use the same sponge, towels, counterspace etc. I guess I have some more things to change. I'm just not sure it's cc since I usually get them during certain times of my cycle. I'm going to try to stay away from nightshades though too because I crave chips and eat those ALOT at certain times in the month. I sent you a private message after I read about ur afib, do u mind responding when u get a chance?

mushroom Proficient

The cast iron pan could definitely be a cause of cc and needs to be decontaminaated by (if you have a self-cleaning oven) running it through the cleaning cycle in the oven. Everything that has attached itself to the cast iron willl burn off, and then you will have to reseason it as you did before you used it first.

If I were to eat a bunch of potato chips I would definitely be set off :blink:

Response to PM coming up - it's been a busy morning.:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Thanks so much mushroom for the advice. I guess I need to be more serious about cc.

Archived