Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Red Heads

57 posts in this topic

Hmmmm...I'm naturally a blond, but several years ago I dyed my hair red for a while. Could that have been my "celiac trigger"? :lol:

Ads by Google:

Hmmmm...I'm naturally a blond, but several years ago I dyed my hair red for a while. Could that have been my "celiac trigger"? :lol:

My daughter is also a natural blond and did the very same thing. Never thought of it as being her trigger. Hahaha

I had a red beard , before it went white. Some red hair, a real mutt.I have several redheads in my family. Family is from Italy, where there is a LOT of celiac disease. No more pasta for me! I have noticed in my career, Dentistry, where I viewed many medical histories, that redheads seem to have a lot of allergies and auto immune diseases. It is a recessive trait.

Ed

Dadblammit! I'm a redhead and that's no fair. Finally a Dentist though who understands this connection. Most health care professionals don't think about these things or so it seems. Good for you. Lots of men get red in their beards, don't know why that is.

Auburn (with gray highlights! LOL) Welsh, German and Swedish.

I'm Polish, Irish, German, and Scottish - I'm a brunette but every time I try to dye my hair it always comes out red first!! I've been told by my hair stylist that I have natural red tints in my hair - guess its the Irish or Scottish!!