6 replies to this topic

#1 Emily30

Emily30

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

These chips say naturally gluten free on them, but then in the ingredients it says oat fiber. So are they still gluten free?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 heatherjane

heatherjane

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

I would do more research to see if they're using certified gluten free oats, but I highly doubt it. Most likely, it's probably mislabeled, which is not good. Contact the company and see what you can find out.

#3 StephanieL

StephanieL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

Aldi's is VERY difficult to get answers from. Many in the allergy community won't shop there because they are so dodgy about information.

#4 Emily30

Emily30

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

thanks-I will try to call them.

#5 StephanieL

StephanieL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

The typical response from them takes 4-6 weeks, IF you even get one. Good luck! I would love to hear if they have improved on that at all since last time I know someone contacted them!

#6 wartburg03

wartburg03

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Uggg! I suffered for 2 weeks from a reaction I thought was from some gluten free Mexican food (I assumed cross-contamination). Now I'm betting it was the Clancy's tortilla chips I ate with it! I must have skimmed over the oat fiber when reading the ingredients. How can they say they are "naturally gluten free"? Into the trash they go!! I'm just hoping the 3 chips I just ate don't screw me up for another 2 weeks :(

#7 Renaye

Renaye

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

I shop at aldi's all the time and eat the plain tortilla chips, but I don't get typically sick like many of you.  I have been questioning why most of their food says gluten free while other companies really struggle with their labeling.  I have talked to a representative regarding the frozen vegetables and when I asked if the broccoli was gluten-free, his response was, "why wouldn't it be?" Some things are not labeled gluten-free because they are imported.  So how safe is Aldi's??

Renaye

Positive DGP IgG & DGP IgA, negative biopsy, HLA typing unable to interpret, sicca syndrome, positive ANA, low WBC count, intolerant to peanuts, eggs, dairy, IBS-C, GERD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: