Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Aldi's Clancy's Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips

7 posts in this topic

These chips say naturally gluten free on them, but then in the ingredients it says oat fiber. So are they still gluten free?

Ads by Google:

I would do more research to see if they're using certified gluten free oats, but I highly doubt it. Most likely, it's probably mislabeled, which is not good. Contact the company and see what you can find out.

Aldi's is VERY difficult to get answers from. Many in the allergy community won't shop there because they are so dodgy about information.

The typical response from them takes 4-6 weeks, IF you even get one. Good luck! I would love to hear if they have improved on that at all since last time I know someone contacted them!

Uggg! I suffered for 2 weeks from a reaction I thought was from some gluten free Mexican food (I assumed cross-contamination). Now I'm betting it was the Clancy's tortilla chips I ate with it! I must have skimmed over the oat fiber when reading the ingredients. How can they say they are "naturally gluten free"? Into the trash they go!! I'm just hoping the 3 chips I just ate don't screw me up for another 2 weeks :(

I shop at aldi's all the time and eat the plain tortilla chips, but I don't get typically sick like many of you.  I have been questioning why most of their food says gluten free while other companies really struggle with their labeling.  I have talked to a representative regarding the frozen vegetables and when I asked if the broccoli was gluten-free, his response was, "why wouldn't it be?" Some things are not labeled gluten-free because they are imported.  So how safe is Aldi's??

Renaye