Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Chocolate Mug Cake - Gluten Free And Easy!

3 posts in this topic

Chocolate Mug cakes are all the rage now. They're good for a simple treat after the kids have gone to bed. I've tweaked this recipie and it's good gluten free.

Chocolate Mug Cake

Ingredients:

-1 T gluten-free flour plus 1 T ground almonds

-1 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)

-1/8 t baking soda

-pinch of sea salt

-1 egg white or 2 T egg substitute

-2 T milk or almond milk or rice milk

-About 2 t sugar (or 1 packet Splenda)

-1 tsp vanilla

- 1 T oil, yogurt or applesauce

-1 or 2 T chocolate chips

- Cinnamon, or if you're feeling bold, a shake of cayenne pepper

Grease a coffee mug (nonstick spray is fine if you have it). Add the dry ingredients. Mix in the wet ingredients and the sweetener. Mix well to get bubbles out. Add the chocolate chips last, placing most of them in the center of the mug.

Microwave for about 2.5 minutes. Be forewarned that the cake will rise up over the rim of your cup, and you will panic, but it will not get all over your microwave. It sinks back down when it's done cooking.

I use almond flour because I like the taste with chocolate but you could use 2Tblsp of flour instead of almond flour/gluten-free flour mix.

Enjoy!

Ads by Google:

Oh wow thanks! This used to be one of my favorite things to make before going gluten-free. It reminds of the days of making little cakes in an "easy bake oven" LOL!

Chocolate Mug cakes are all the rage now. They're good for a simple treat after the kids have gone to bed. I've tweaked this recipie and it's good gluten free.

Chocolate Mug Cake

Ingredients:

-1 T gluten-free flour plus 1 T ground almonds

-1 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)

-1/8 t baking soda

-pinch of sea salt

-1 egg white or 2 T egg substitute

-2 T milk or almond milk or rice milk

-About 2 t sugar (or 1 packet Splenda)

-1 tsp vanilla

- 1 T oil, yogurt or applesauce

-1 or 2 T chocolate chips

- Cinnamon, or if you're feeling bold, a shake of cayenne pepper

Grease a coffee mug (nonstick spray is fine if you have it). Add the dry ingredients. Mix in the wet ingredients and the sweetener. Mix well to get bubbles out. Add the chocolate chips last, placing most of them in the center of the mug.

Microwave for about 2.5 minutes. Be forewarned that the cake will rise up over the rim of your cup, and you will panic, but it will not get all over your microwave. It sinks back down when it's done cooking.

I use almond flour because I like the taste with chocolate but you could use 2Tblsp of flour instead of almond flour/gluten-free flour mix.

Enjoy!

My sister just told me about this yesterday! Thanks for sharing.