Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Chocolate Mug Cake - Gluten Free And Easy!

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 cyberprof

cyberprof

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Chocolate Mug cakes are all the rage now. They're good for a simple treat after the kids have gone to bed. I've tweaked this recipie and it's good gluten free.

Chocolate Mug Cake
Ingredients:
-1 T gluten-free flour plus 1 T ground almonds
-1 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)
-1/8 t baking soda
-pinch of sea salt
-1 egg white or 2 T egg substitute
-2 T milk or almond milk or rice milk
-About 2 t sugar (or 1 packet Splenda)
-1 tsp vanilla
- 1 T oil, yogurt or applesauce
-1 or 2 T chocolate chips
- Cinnamon, or if you're feeling bold, a shake of cayenne pepper

Grease a coffee mug (nonstick spray is fine if you have it). Add the dry ingredients. Mix in the wet ingredients and the sweetener. Mix well to get bubbles out. Add the chocolate chips last, placing most of them in the center of the mug.

Microwave for about 2.5 minutes. Be forewarned that the cake will rise up over the rim of your cup, and you will panic, but it will not get all over your microwave. It sinks back down when it's done cooking.

I use almond flour because I like the taste with chocolate but you could use 2Tblsp of flour instead of almond flour/gluten-free flour mix.

Enjoy!
Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Oh wow thanks! This used to be one of my favorite things to make before going gluten-free. It reminds of the days of making little cakes in an "easy bake oven" LOL!
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#3 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Chocolate Mug cakes are all the rage now. They're good for a simple treat after the kids have gone to bed. I've tweaked this recipie and it's good gluten free.

Chocolate Mug Cake
Ingredients:
-1 T gluten-free flour plus 1 T ground almonds
-1 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)
-1/8 t baking soda
-pinch of sea salt
-1 egg white or 2 T egg substitute
-2 T milk or almond milk or rice milk
-About 2 t sugar (or 1 packet Splenda)
-1 tsp vanilla
- 1 T oil, yogurt or applesauce
-1 or 2 T chocolate chips
- Cinnamon, or if you're feeling bold, a shake of cayenne pepper

Grease a coffee mug (nonstick spray is fine if you have it). Add the dry ingredients. Mix in the wet ingredients and the sweetener. Mix well to get bubbles out. Add the chocolate chips last, placing most of them in the center of the mug.

Microwave for about 2.5 minutes. Be forewarned that the cake will rise up over the rim of your cup, and you will panic, but it will not get all over your microwave. It sinks back down when it's done cooking.

I use almond flour because I like the taste with chocolate but you could use 2Tblsp of flour instead of almond flour/gluten-free flour mix.

Enjoy!

My sister just told me about this yesterday! Thanks for sharing.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: