This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cosmetics-shampoos, Etc

Lisa

Lisa Mentor

Thanks to all of you for your food help, esp. Karen. Graduating on to Cosmetics, Shampoos, Deod's?

Someone told me that Chapstick is not gluten-free - pray not. I have one in every pocket and several show up in the washing machine. Perfume, please not!!!

Could anyone start me off on US grocery products, don't have specialty stores in town of 6,000.

Shampoo, blush, lipstick, CHAPSTICk, face/body lotion (lubriderm?) I look for contents and did not recognize anything other than alcohol. Is that the bad guy?

Crest Toothpaste?. Those are my basics to start with.

Has anyone tried "Origins", perfume, creams and make-up. Have not called them as of yet.

A starter list would be welcomming. Thanks for your time - Lisa

(Name showing up alot lately, sick of me yet :).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nettiebeads Apprentice
Thanks to all of you for your food help, esp. Karen.  Graduating on to Cosmetics, Shampoos, Deod's?

Someone told me that Chapstick is not gluten-free - pray not.  I have one in every pocket and several show up in the washing machine.  Perfume, please not!!!

Could anyone start me off on US grocery products, don't have specialty stores in town of 6,000.

Shampoo, blush, lipstick, CHAPSTICk, face/body lotion (lubriderm?)  I look for contents and did not recognize anything other than alcohol.  Is that the bad guy?

Crest Toothpaste?.  Those are my basics to start with.

Has anyone tried "Origins", perfume, creams and make-up.  Have not called them as of yet.

A starter list would be welcomming.  Thanks for your time - Lisa

(Name showing up alot lately, sick of me yet :).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, not sick of you at all! At first this celiac disease thing is scary, and living in a small town can make you feel isolated with this rather confusing disease. (Did you figure out your post-oyster attack) Anyhow, I haven't ever had problems with Crest. I would steer clear of soothing lotions that contain oatmeal or cleansers with gritty stuff in them. And then read labels, of course. Alchohol isn't the bad guy. It's when gluten containing products are used as fillers and extenders. Like my CoverGirl blush. The second product was kernal flour. What kind of kernal flour? Well, underneath in French it is listed as farine. Well, that translates into farina. The dictionary defines farina as meal made from grains, which means anything which means there's a very good possibility that the blush is NOT gluten-free. So I'll be pale until I can replace the my new now offlimits blush. GRRR! But keep asking away! How else are you going to learn? :)

Lisa Mentor
No, not sick of you at all!  At first this celiac disease thing is scary, and living in a small town can make you feel isolated with this rather confusing disease.  (Did you figure out your post-oyster attack)  Anyhow, I haven't ever had problems with Crest.  I would steer clear of soothing lotions that contain oatmeal or cleansers with gritty stuff in them.  And then read labels, of course.  Alchohol isn't the bad guy.  It's when gluten containing products are used as fillers and extenders.  Like my CoverGirl blush. The second product was kernal flour.  What kind of kernal flour?  Well, underneath in French it is listed as farine.  Well, that translates into farina.  The dictionary defines farina as meal made from grains, which means anything which means there's a very good possibility that the blush is NOT gluten-free.  So I'll be pale until I can replace the my new now offlimits blush.  GRRR!  But keep asking away!  How else are you going to learn?  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't been sick like that in sooo long. I do think that with a compromised system the off season oyster were not a good choice or the bar switched my choice (my new choice ) of drink. We are all locals and Canadian Club and 7 have always been my choice for years. Now it is Seagrams-7. This was passed on by someone on the site. It took two days and nights to recover and still have soreness. I also have a "large hiatal hernia" and symptoms are confusing to me. Doing my best to be gluten-free. Getting to be a good club here. Thanks for remembering!!

Chemist daughter says no Tylenol as binders are gluten. SO......headaches what do we do with what does not upset the intesties.

Just simple make-up, but gotta have the chapstick.........she says no.

Any subs.? Still looking for a basic start on toiletries....

(PS.. I spell like celiac3270 is dumb)....he's not, and I don't. Lisa

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Crest toothpaste is fine.

Pretty much every cosmetic could have gluten so you need to check.

I use mainly Bare Escentuals makeup because the whole line is gluten free.

If you got the Delphi List alot of products can be checked on there.

For shampoo, hairspray, conditioner, bar soap...I use Dove...they will clearly list gluten in the form of wheat,rye,barley,oats on the label

Some Maybelline eye shadows are gluten free but some are not.

CoverGirl Continuous Color lipstick is gluten free.

Alot of Burt's Bees products are gluten free and they have chapstick and lip balm you can use.

Neutrogena has a gluten free list if you would like I can post it here or send it to you via email.

PicturePerfect Explorer
Neutrogena has a gluten free list if you would like I can post it here or send it to you via email.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you send me that list?

I have also been having trouble with makeup, shampoo, soap, etc. Hopefully I will get it down pat soon! :D

Lisa

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I have also been having trouble with makeup, shampoo, soap, etc. Hopefully I will get it down pat soon!  :D

Lisa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure, what is your email address?

mstrain Rookie

Kaiti:

Could you please send me the Neutragena list as well? Thanks! michelek@hotmail.com

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

PicturePerfect Explorer
Sure, what is your email address?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lisamccorkell@cox.net

Thanks!

Lisa Mentor

I have also been having trouble with makeup, shampoo, soap, etc. Hopefully I will get it down pat soon!  :D

Lisa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Lisa:

Even I get confused. How about you be Lisa and I will be Lisa B. Is that good for you.? We often have the same question and the same name response. But I am the one who can't spell. I don't want to inflict that pre-dispostion on you. I also feel that it may be confusing to people who respond to us. So...If you agree, you be Lisa and I will change my signature to be Lisa B......

Please let me know asap as I will begin this upon our response. Lisa B?

PicturePerfect Explorer
Hey Lisa:

Even I get confused.  How about you be Lisa and I will be Lisa B.  Is that good for you.?  We often have the same question and the same name response. But I am the one who can't spell. I  don't want to inflict that pre-dispostion on you.  I also feel that it may be confusing to people who respond to us.  So...If you agree, you be Lisa and I will change my signature to be Lisa B......

Please let me know asap as I will begin this upon our response.  Lisa B?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL :lol:

Trust me, I can't spell either!

Yes, I agree.. or I could be Lisa M. - doesn't matter :D .

Lisa (Lisa M.)

judy05 Apprentice

Crest toothpaste is fine.

Pretty much every cosmetic could have gluten so you need to check.

I use mainly Bare Escentuals makeup because the whole line is gluten free.

If you got the Delphi List alot of products can be checked on there.

For shampoo, hairspray, conditioner, bar soap...I use Dove...they will clearly list gluten in the form of wheat,rye,barley,oats on the label

Some Maybelline eye shadows are gluten free but some are not.

CoverGirl Continuous Color lipstick is gluten free.

Alot of Burt's Bees products are gluten free and they have chapstick and lip balm you can use.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote

I called Clairol on Friday, all of their products contain gluten. She suggested that I go to a Health Food Store and buy a Henna rinse. Has anyone ever tried that on gray, mostly flat hair? One of the reasons I wanted color was for the conditioning, my hair looked much better, and I felt younger. I must be getting better, worrying about my hair instead of my stomach B)

MySage Rookie

I thought that gluten molecules are too small to ingest through the skin. Why would shampoo need to be gluten-free, unless you're drinking it or eating your hair?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I thought that gluten molecules are too small to ingest through the skin.  Why would shampoo need to be gluten-free, unless you're drinking it or eating your hair?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wondered about this too at first. Others on this board mentioned that sometimes shampoo can get into your mouth while showering. I thought it wasnt too likely but one day w/out thinking about it I realized that the shampoo DID get into my mouth....and I'm sure it wasnt a one time thing. Also I guess having gluten in any of your hair products will result in having gluten on your hands. If your like me that can be a problem cuz I've discovered I often touch my lips or mouth....not to mention touching my food before I eat it. :rolleyes:

I guess you can never be too careful. I got really sick from wearing lotion that contained wheat germ oil.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
I thought that gluten molecules are too small to ingest through the skin.  Why would shampoo need to be gluten-free, unless you're drinking it or eating your hair?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shampoo easily can get into your mouth when washing your hair.

If you have gluten in your hair, touch your hair subconsciously then touch your food then there could be traces.

If you wash your hands with soap that contains gluten then go prepare your food that is another way for it to get traces into you.

Lipsticks are obvious.

I think that products you use around your face and stuff you put on your hands(lotions&nailpolish) need to be gluten free...just way too much of a chance to get into the mouth in some way, shape, or form

Gluten can't get through the skin unless you have an open cut or something...its the problem of them getting into your mouth which can cause a problem(I was glutened quite a bit before I switched products-even that little bit caused me sooo many problems)

carriecraig Enthusiast

Hi Kaiti,

Can you please send me the Neutrogena list? Also, what is the Delphi List??? Do you have any other lists???

carriecraig@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

The Delphi List is 79 pages long with products and foods that are gluten free. It of course does not cover everything but it is pretty extensive. celiac3270 posted on it in the product section a bit ago and if you contact him, he will send it to you. Or if you prefer, he lists instructions on how to get it yourself on the post.

Here is the Neutrogena list below, I will also email it to you. Please remember to always double check labels because things do change.

Active Breathable Sunblock SPF 30

Active Breathable Sunblock SPF 45

Advanced Solutions Acne Mark Eliminating Peel

Advanced Solutions Acne Therapy System

Advanced Solutions Facial Peel

Advanced Solutions Micro-Ocide Crystallized Cream

Advanced Solutions Skin Transforming Complex Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer

Advanced Solutions Skin Transforming Complex Nightly Renewal Cream

After Sun Treatment

Alcohol-Free Antiseptic Cleanser (Discontinued)

Alcohol-Free Toner

Anti-Cellulite Treatment

Anti-Residue Shampoo

Blackhead Eliminating Astringent

Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub

Blackhead Eliminating Treatment Mask

Body Clear Body Lotion (Discontinued)

Body Clear Body Scrub

Body Clear Body Wash

Body Emulsion

Body Lotion

Body Oil

Build- A- Tan

Clean Conditioners- All

Clean For Color- Color Defending Foam(Discontinued)

Clean Replenishing Instant Shine Detangler (Discontinued)

Clean Shampoos- All

Cleansing and Makeup Removing Towelettes

Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask

Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent

Clear Pore Shine Control Gel (Discontinued)

Clear Pore Treatment

Combination Skin Moisture

Conditioner for Permed/Color Treated Hair (Discontinued)

Deep Clean Astringent

Deep Clean Body Scrub Bar

Deep Clean Cleanser

Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

Deep Clean Mask

Detangling Conditioner (Discontinued)

Extra Gentle Cleanser

Foot Cream

Fresh Body Herbal Body Wash

Fresh Finish Loose Powder/Healthy Skin Loose Powder

Fresh Finish Pressed Powder/Healthy Skin Pressed Powder

Fresh Foaming Cleanser

Hand Cream

Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 30- All

Healthy Defense Protective Powder SPF 30

Healthy Defense Sheer Bronzer SPF 30 (Discontinued)

Healthy Defense Sheer Makeup SPF 30 (Disctontinued)

Healthy Defense Sunblock Spray SPF 30+

Healthy Defense Sunblock Stick SPF 30+

Healthy Defense Trio

Healthy Defense UVA/UVB Block SPF 30 + / SPF 45

Healthy Radiance Exfoliating Wash

Healthy Radiance Eye Cream

Healthy Radiance Moisturizer SPF 15

Healthy Scalp Shampoo

Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish Cleanser

Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish Cream

Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish Scrub

Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream

Healthy Skin Blends Natural Radiance Bronzer

Healthy Skin Blends Sheer Highlighting Blush

Healthy Skin BlendsTranslucent Oil- Control Powder

Healthy Skin Cream Powder Makeup SPF 20

Healthy Skin Enhancer

Healthy Skin Eye Cream

Healthy Skin Face Lotion

Healthy Skin Face Lotion Sensitive Skin/Delicate Skin

Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15

Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick

Healthy Skin Visibly Even Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer

Healthy Skin Visibly Even Exfoliating Body Wash

Healthy Skin Visibly Even Exfoliating Cleanser

Instant Lip Remedy

Instant Nail Enhancer

Intensified Day Moisture SPF 15

Intensified Eye Moisture (Discontinued)

Light Night Cream

Lip Boost Intense Moisture Lipstick SPF 20

Lip Boost Intense Moisture Therapy

Lip Moisturizer SPF 15

Lip Nutrition- All

Liquid Neutrogena

Makeup Correcting Stick

Makeup Correcting Stick

Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

Maximum Strength Oil Controlling Pads

Moisture Boosting Body Wash

Moisture for Sensitive Skin

Moisture Shine Tinted Lip Balm- All

Moisture SPF 15

Moisture SPF 15 Sheer Tint

MoistureShine Lip Gloss

New Hands

Oil Free Acne Mask/ Scrub

Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover

Oil-Absorbing Acne Mask (Discontinued)

Oil-Free Acne Wash

On the Spot Acne Patch

On the Spot Acne Treatment Tinted

On the Spot Acne Treatment Vanishing Formula

On The Spot Blemish Wand

Overnight Lip Therapy

Pore Refining Cleanser

Pore Refining Cream

Pore Refining Cream SPF 15

Pore Refining Mask

Pore Refining Mattifier (Discontinued)

Pore Refining Toner

Radiance Boost Eye Cream

Rainbath Dry Oil Spray

Rainbath Moisturizing Body Mist (Discontinued)

Rainbath Shower & Bath Gel- All

Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion

Rapid Clear Gel

Razor Defense Daily Face Scrub

Razor Defense Face Lotion

Sensitive Skin Solutions Alcohol Free Toner

Sensitive Skin Solutions Cleansing Wash - Combination Skin

Sensitive Skin Solutions Cream Cleanser - Dry Skin

Sensitive Skin Solutions Oil-Free Foaming Cleanser - Oily Skin

Shimmer Sheers (all shades)

Skin Clearing After Shave (Discontinued)

Skin Clearing Compact Foundation

Skin Clearing Concealer

Skin Clearing Face Bar (Discontinued)

Skin Clearing Face Wash

Skin Clearing Liquid Makeup

Skin Clearing Moisturizer

Skin Clearing Pressed Powder

Skin Clearing Targeted Acne Treatment (Discontinued)

Skin Smoothing Body Lotion

Skin Soothing Eye Tints

Skin Soothing Under Eye Corrector

SkinClearing Clean Tint

SkinClearing Trio

Soft Color Blush

Soothing Relief Anti-Itch Moisturizer

Sunless Tanning Lotion- All

T/Gel Conditioner

T/Gel Overnight Dandruff Treatment

T/Gel Shampoos- All

T/Sal Maximum Strength Shampoo

Transparent Facial Bars- All

Transparent Sunblock Gel SPF 30 (Discontinued)

Triple Moisture Active Soothing Conditioner

Triple Moisture Active Soothing Shampoo

Triple Moisture Cream Lather Shampoo

Triple Moisture Deep Conditioner

Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask

Triple Moisture Healing Shine Serum

Triple Moisture Pure Strength Oil Therapy

Triple Moisture Sheer Hydration Leave- In Foam

Triple Moisture Silk- Touch Leave-In Cream

Triple Protect Face Gel

Triple Protect Face Lotion SPF 20

Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 30/ SPF 45

Under Cover Concealer Stick

Visibly Even Natural Look Makeup

Visibly Firm Eye Cream

Visibly Firm Eye Treatment Concealer

Visibly Firm Face Lotion SPF 20

Visibly Firm Lift Serum

Visibly Firm Moisture Makeup

Visibly Firm Night Cream

Visibly Younger Hand Cream

Lanai Newbie

Um, well gee. If this is the case with shampoo and the lotions and chap stick, well CRAP! My daughter certainly WAS not 100% gluten free. I never even thought to think about that. Sheesh. I need a list of every single thing she can not have!!!! Oh My! :ph34r:

PicturePerfect Explorer
Um, well gee. If this is the case with shampoo and the lotions and chap stick, well CRAP! My daughter certainly WAS not 100% gluten free. I never even thought to think about that. Sheesh. I need a list of every single thing she can not have!!!! Oh My!  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I thought when I came to this topic! I am slowly figuring it out, and don't worry, you will too. :D

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
judy05 Apprentice

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I use hair products containing wheat then my scalp will itch like crazy. I don't have DH anywhere. One time when I was getting color applied my scalp started to burn and the beautician had to rinse it off right away. I haven't colored my hair since. Luckily my gray hair is not so bad, I'll just have to live with it.

bluelotus Contributor

I will email (and call) Chapstick and Tylenol. I had heard that both were gluten-free, and I think that list was originally on the celiac.com website. I know that Colgate is gluten free (I had emailed the company that makes that, checking about other products). I use Burt Bee's lip glosses and they seem fine.

Also, about the gluten-free shampoo/lotions - I used to get headaches very frequently and, running out of ideas, I cut out those items with wheat in them. Seemed to have worked.

Will keep you all posted on Chapstick and Tylenol.

bluelotus Contributor

What may interest some of you though is that Lactaid is not quarenteed to be gluten-free. I had emailed them back when I was still eating dairy (have since given up). I will copy and paste the email below (please note: I had specifically asked them about lactaid in the pill form and this was their response).

Thanks for contacting us again.

LACTAID Milk does not contain gluten.

This includes:

LACTAID Calcium Fortified Milk

LACTAID Chocolate Milk

For the remainder of McNeil's products:

Glutens are naturally-occurring proteins found in grains such as wheat, rye, barley, and oats, but are not found in corn. The primary source of starch in our formulations is corn. Relatively small amounts of other materials used in our formulations may contain starch from other sources (e.g. potato, rice).

We are not aware of published reports associating the use of our products with a worsening of symptoms in patients with celiac disease.

We value hearing from our consumers. Please feel free to call us with any additional comments or questions on our toll-free number 1-800-522-8243 Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Eastern Time. You may also access our website at www.lactaid.com for answers to frequently asked questions, recipes and on-line ordering.

Tracey Ely

MYLANTA Consumer Relationship Center

bluelotus Contributor

I will post some more emails for you all interested in knowing more about mainstream soaps - below are responses from Dial, Colgate, Avalon Natural Products, and Listerine.

Listerine (April 2005):

Thank you for your interest in Listerine. We do not specifically test for the presence of gluten in our products. Therefore, we cannot certify them to be gluten free. While I can tell you that there are no gluten-containing grains in this product, I cannot guarantee that cross-contamination with gluten did not occur in the manufacturing process.

If we can be of further assistance to you, please contact us toll free at 1-800-223-0182 (U.S.) or 1-800-661-4659 (Canada). We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also visit us online at www.prodhelp.com.

Heather

Consumer Affairs Department

Pfizer Consumer Healthcare

Colgate (August 2005):

Thank you for contacting us with your question. We appreciate the

opportunity to provide information regarding grain derived ingredients

in Colgate Palmolive products.

The following Colgate Palmolive products can be verified as grain-free:

Afta Shave products, all variants

AJAX All Purpose Cleaner - Lemon and Ammonia

AJAX Cleanser

AJAX Dish Liquids - all variants

AJAX Laundry Detergents - Powders and Liquids

Cashmere Bouquet Bar Soap

Colgate Toothpaste, all variants

Colgate Shave Creams, all variants

Colgate Simply White Clear Whitening Gel, all variants

Crystal Clean Stick Deodorant, all variants

Crystal White Octagon Lemon Dish Liquid

DERMASSAGE Dish Liquid

Dynamo Laundry Detergent

Fab Laundry Detergents - Powder and Liquids

Fluorigard Rinse

Fresh Start Laundry Detergents

Gel-Kam Home Care Gel

Irish Spring Bar Soap, all variants

Lady Speed Stick Deodorants and Antiperspirants, all variants

Mennen Speed Stick Deodorants and Antiperspirants, all variants

MURPHY OIL SOAP - Liquid, Spray, Paste, Just Squirt & Mop, Soft Wipes

Orabase Paste & Orabase Gel

Orabase Soothe-N-Seal

PALMOLIVE Bar Soaps, all variants

PALMOLIVE Dish Liquids - all variants

PALMOLIVE Gel Dishwasher Detergent

PALMOLIVE Triple Action Tabs

Peroxyl Gel & Peroxyl Rinse

Phos-Flur Rinse

Platinum Toothpaste

Softsoap Liquid Soap, all variants

Softsoap Body Washes, all variants

TOTAL Floss

Ultra brite Toothpaste, all variants

Viadent Rinse

Viadent Toothpaste

Sorbitol is an ingredient which can be grain derived and may be found

in toothpastes. Our sorbitol is corn-derived.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope this

information is helpful.

Sincerely

Pat

Consumer Affairs Representative

Consumer Affairs

Avalon Naturals (August 2005):

Our vegetable-based formulations come from a variety of sources and combinations of derivatives. Therefore, we cannot specifically guarantee that any of our products are gluten-free. We regret being unable to accommodate your request.

Dial (August 2005):

In 1994 the National Labeling Education Act required all food manufacturers to list the complete ingredients and nutritional contents on the product label. The figures are accurate estimates of the contents in the container and indicate carbohydrates, proteins, fats and calories as required by the NLEA law. The nutritional values are calculated figures based on the ingredients in each product.

The values on the product labels may vary slightly because labels are changed to reflect manufacturing variations and formulation changes.

Unfortuately, due to the many product and supply resources used to produce our products, we are unable to maintain a list of gluten-free products.

Consumer Affairs

The Dial Corporation

Me again, hope this info helps someone!!

bluelotus Contributor

Sorry for the mass # of postings, but I found my email response from Tylenol (knew I had contacted them a while ago....just started an email folder specifically for gluten-free inquiries) Here was there response (April 2005)

Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you became more

familiar with our MYLANTA products during your visit to the site.

In reference to your inquiry concerning the gluten content in our products, I have listed below the products which have been tested and do not contain detectable levels of gluten.

Children's TYLENOL ® Plus Cold and Cough Chewable Tablets

Children's TYLENOL ® Suspension Grape Flavored Liquid

Extra Strength TYLENOL ® Caplets

Extra Strength TYLENOL ® PM Gelcaps

Maximum Strength TYLENOL ® Allergy Sinus Caplets

TYLENOL ® Arthritis Pain Extended Release Caplets

Infants' TYLENOL ® Cherry Concentrated Drops

Imodium ® AD Caplets

Children's Motrin ® Cold Non-Staining Dye Free Oral Suspension

Children's Motrin ® Non-Staining Dye Free Oral Suspension

Infants' Motrin ® Non-staining Dye Free Concentrated Drops

For the remainder of McNeil's products:

Glutens are naturally-occurring proteins found in grains such as wheat, rye, barley and oats, but are not found in corn. The source of starch in this formulation is corn. Other inactive ingredients may be derived from a source other than corn. We are not aware of published reports associating the use of our products according to package label directions with a worsening of symptoms in patients with celiac disease.

We hope this information is helpful.

Tracey Ely

MYLANTA Consumer Relationship Center

sb4480 Newbie

Do any of you have a reaction to topical gluten exposure? The chapstick threads got me thinking. Sometimes when I use a new lipstick or lip balm I break out in an itchy rash on my mouth. At first I thought they were cold sores but they're not. I guess they could be hives. Anyway, I don't have any skin reactions to gluten when I eat it so I don't think it's DH. Its strange though how I can use chapstick, khiels, and burts bees with no problems but not blistex.

Any thoughts?

Stephanie

bluelotus Contributor

could be a gluten rxn - I know chapstick (at least their classics) and burt's bees are gluten-free, but I have no idea about blistex

Archived