3 replies to this topic

#1 rgarton

rgarton

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

After a year of telling the doctors something was wrong i finally got diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, the highest reaction they had ever seen. Before they told me it was panic and IBS. I could have beaten them up.

So a year has come and gone and i was still having symptoms, after working out i was allergic to soya and tomatoes, something still wasn't right. I was on lacto-free cheese and milk.
I finally found a doctor who listened and told me to stop having lacto-free stuff and have rice milk instead and see how it goes for a couple of weeks.

Its my third day (morning) and yesterday i was slightly constipated but today not so at all. (Before i cut all dairy out it was like mud and mucus all the time.) But now it was fluffy and ragged, will this just take time to adjust? I prefer the mud like BM's!

It's freaking me out. Sorry for the TMI!
Lifes not waiting for the storm to pass, its learning to dance in the rain...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

After a year of telling the doctors something was wrong i finally got diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, the highest reaction they had ever seen. Before they told me it was panic and IBS. I could have beaten them up.

So a year has come and gone and i was still having symptoms, after working out i was allergic to soya and tomatoes, something still wasn't right. I was on lacto-free cheese and milk.
I finally found a doctor who listened and told me to stop having lacto-free stuff and have rice milk instead and see how it goes for a couple of weeks.

Its my third day (morning) and yesterday i was slightly constipated but today not so at all. (Before i cut all dairy out it was like mud and mucus all the time.) But now it was fluffy and ragged, will this just take time to adjust? I prefer the mud like BM's!

It's freaking me out. Sorry for the TMI!

Those are actually very good descritions and I am many here totally know what you are talking about regarding BM's.

Take acidophilus or any probiotic. It'll help get things in good shape right quick.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#3 rgarton

rgarton

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

Oh found out my rice milk contained barley... Coconut milk it is!
Lifes not waiting for the storm to pass, its learning to dance in the rain...

#4 Metoo

Metoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

Oh found out my rice milk contained barley... Coconut milk it is!

I use almond milk and I love it!

I noticed the same thing BMs when cutting out dairy, I am struggling still and tried out gluten-free oats because if it (I seem to be doing fine with them now)..they have helped immensly with BM!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: