Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Positive Or Negative? Should Have Results Soon...

4 posts in this topic

Coeliac is supposed to run in families...my father has it (diagnosed about 14+ yrs) and my son has it (diagnosed last week)...whats the chances of me having it?

Blood results...no idea what they mean but I know they wernt clear...something was high at 20 (0-15 being normal) and something else being Negative (which being negative instead of positive can affect the first score)...anyone have any idea what this means???

Biopsy...should have the results fairly soon, they said a week (which is tomorrow) but I think thats being rather optimistic!!

Id like to know what people think, will I have it or wont I?? Im really eager to get the results!!

Ads by Google:

No matter what the results of your tests it would be a good idea to try the diet yourself if you are having any symptoms. False negatives are always a possiblity with testing.

No matter what the results of your tests it would be a good idea to try the diet yourself if you are having any symptoms. False negatives are always a possiblity with testing.

I dont really have any of the classic symptoms such as diorea (i dont know how its spelt) or stomach cramps but have always suffered with mouth ulcers as far back as I can remember and after having both my children I have lost weight and cant put it back on. At one point my partner actually asked me if id been eating?! Im always eating!!

Whatever the results I think I will try it anyway and see what happens. My daughter has her blood test tomorrow, shes 4 and is really not goin to like it :(

In a way it would be easier if we all just ate gluten free!

In a way it would be easier if we all just ate gluten free!

Yes it would be easier. You may not have what a lot of doctors consider to be classic celiac symptoms but I bet your mouth ulcers will go away and you will feel better over all.