8 replies to this topic

#1 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

As I was reading some things on celiac.com an ad caught my eye. It was for a bakery called Moio's Italian Pastry in Monroeville, Pa.. I have seen this place but never knew they had gluten-free?? My question is do they have gluten-free goodies & if not why is an ad on celiac.com for this place? Sorry, I know these ads keep the site going but I'm concerned that if this place doesn't do gluten-free it may confuse new people...
Maybe this is a question for Scott.....

thanks

mamaw

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

If its one of those little "google ads" they could be for anything. Seems like if we talk about pizza, it will put a Papa Johns add. The main ones that say celiac.com sponser should be for Celiac friendly items. I don't understand why the google is on there but someone who knows more about internet stuff might know.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Thanks...I was reading under the snacks & appetizer & seen it. I guess it just took me by surprise & I hadn't noticed them before...And I thought some Papa John's did do gluten-free!!!! And yes, how can google just throw junk onto this site? Sorry, I'm not computer savy....

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

Right now the " ad choices" is Dominos & a gluten-free protein bar. :unsure:

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

The ads tagged "celiac.com sponsor" are vetted by Scott and must promote products which support the gluten-free diet.

Ads by Google are a source of revenue to keep the board running--and free to all members. The are based on personal activity online. I recently bought a replacement portable computer online. All of a sudden, I was getting ads by Google for the very computer I bought at the very same place I bought it. Hmmm. Those ads could be for anything--not necessarily related to the purpose of the board.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Thanks Peter , I was just surprised when I seen it..again I'm not good at the computer....I just went back to bring it up again & now its long gone! so it must have been a pop up. Darn I was wishing it were a gluten-free place!!! I'll just keep wishing & dreamin!!!!!!!!

#7 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

The ads tagged "celiac.com sponsor" are vetted by Scott and must promote products which support the gluten-free diet.

Ads by Google are a source of revenue to keep the board running--and free to all members. The are based on personal activity online. I recently bought a replacement portable computer online. All of a sudden, I was getting ads by Google for the very computer I bought at the very same place I bought it. Hmmm. Those ads could be for anything--not necessarily related to the purpose of the board.

Thats for sure...I was looking at the GIBSON guitar site at their T-shirts and now everywhere I go on computer that shirt follows me...even Celiac forum !!! LOL Tell me what Gibson guitars have to do with Celiacs...LOL!!!
These advertizers have really gotten underhanded! we have multible users in our house...what if I don't want ads for everyones christmas presents poping up !!! It's really gotten out of hand! :blink: :P
Funny...even as I was clicking back to the main forum after typing this...I looked to the side bar and saw an add for the VAN HALEN STORE...(I did alot of T-shirt shopping the other day...but I didn't BUY..I just looked!!!) now there all following me!!! :blink:
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11
Celiacs/casein sensitive/lactose intolerent

Favorite quotes-
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

"you can lead a donkey to the river...but if you want him to drink...
you have to throw him in" -(21 yr.old son)

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

If anyone see's an inappropriate ad on here just IM me the link...it will be a large link...you get this by right clicking on the ad and selecting copy link location, or just click the link and give me the URL it lands on. I can block ads, but must do this using the URL.

Take care,
Scott
Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

#9 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts