5 replies to this topic

#1 confusedandlost

confusedandlost

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

i waas prescribed promethazine to treat the nausea i am having from getting glutened (from a non gluten free medication i was prescribed) and due to that mishap I'm scared of having the same thing happen again. Is ZYDUS manufactured promethazine safe?? I called the number but theyre closed and i need it now pleasae help me.

i saw a lot of people on this forum have said they take it but idk which manufacturers are and are not safe because sometimes it makes a difference. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psyfic

psyfic

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

i waas prescribed promethazine to treat the nausea i am having from getting glutened (from a non gluten free medication i was prescribed) and due to that mishap I'm scared of having the same thing happen again. Is ZYDUS manufactured promethazine safe?? I called the number but theyre closed and i need it now pleasae help me.

i saw a lot of people on this forum have said they take it but idk which manufacturers are and are not safe because sometimes it makes a difference. :(

The easiest thing for you to do would be to call a 24 hr pharmacy in your area and tell the pharmacist you have coeliac and cannot have medication with gluten and are concerned about [give them name/brand of the medication]. Could they advise you? Then as soon as you are able, inform your regular pharmacist of your condition. They will place it in their database and thereafter, they will inform you (and your doctor) if any medications contain gluten.

#3 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

I looked it up on the list
http://celiacdisease...nfreedrugs.com/ and don't see that maufacturer listed. You'll have to call them.
I had to check on a med with Mylan pharmecuticals. Since it was weekend I sent them an amail. I got a call on the following Monday with assurance of what was in the med. The list I linked to doesn't have everything listed, just those that they have checked.

#4 confusedandlost

confusedandlost

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

thanks guys. if anyone ever sees this in the future, the zydus mfg promethazine is safe. i called the pharmacist adn they said they thought it was (pharmacists are iffy though bc theyve given me non gluten free ones 3x this year which is ridiculous.) i contacted the guy who runs the glutenfreedrugs website and he said its safe and just to triple check i called zydus and they said it's safe. what a relief!

#5 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Good news then? I hope it works for you. :D

#6 confusedandlost

confusedandlost

New Community Member

• Members