Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

Egg spread

10 hardboiled eggs

1 cup light mayonnaise

3 Tbsp. yellow mustard

4 scallions, chopped

Salt, black pepper- optional

Posted Image

Cut eggs with egg cutter twice (one time and then turn the sliced egg slowly across and cut it again). Add mayonnaise, mustard, scallion and mix everything together. Spread it on top of bread and sprinkle it with salt and pepper, if you desire.

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 love2travel

love2travel

ÄŚeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

These flavours are akin to deviled eggs but your idea of turning it into a spread is great! Do you toast it or use it in other ways?

I love that you post your photos. For some reason it never crosses my mind to do it.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

When I was a teen, my friend made this. We just called it egg salad sandwiches. Not sure why they call it that, it has nothing to do with a salad.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#4 Simona19

Simona19

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

These flavours are akin to deviled eggs but your idea of turning it into a spread is great! Do you toast it or use it in other ways?

I love that you post your photos. For some reason it never crosses my mind to do it.

I would like to see the pictures from your delicious dinner that you cook. A few times I used Google to see what are you writing about. Some things I can’t even pronounce. Picture would help.I just want to tell you that I like your words under your profile picture. We are writing it very similar :

kuchár v srdci. I can tell you that you most definitely are.

#5 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

When I was a teen, my friend made this. We just called it egg salad sandwiches. Not sure why they call it that, it has nothing to do with a salad.

This is a very old recipe, but you have new cooks in the world which can make something simple as this for themselves. It was my breakfast on Ash Wednesday, so I thought: I will post this as reminder.

It was good. I didn’t have that for about 2-3 years.

#6 love2travel

love2travel

ÄŚeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

I would like to see the pictures from your delicious dinner that you cook. A few times I used Google to see what are you writing about. Some things I can’t even pronounce. Picture would help.I just want to tell you that I like your words under your profile picture. We are writing it very similar :

kuchár v srdci. I can tell you that you most definitely are.

Thanks, Simona. I'll try to remember to post photos. I L O V E to cook and bake so much it almost hurts. I still make your challah bread!

Croatia is such a huge part of my life that I try to add bits and pieces wherever I can. :D
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#7 Wenmin

Wenmin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

This recipe is similar to what we call egg salad sandwiches. Very similar to tuna salad sandwiches, except leave out the tuna fish and spread on bread or crackers or chips.

4-5 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped to your liking
1-2 large serving spoon of mayonaise
2-3 tablespoons yellow mustard
1-2 tablespoons sweet relish
salt and pepper to taste

mix together and enjoy

you might have to adjust the mayonaise and mustard to your liking. I like lots of mustard and not so much mayonaise on mine.

Wenmin

#8 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

The Dutch method I grew up with is to add diced celery and onion, perhaps some grated carrot to the egg salad. Maybe a can of tuna. And some peas. I always had that on a sandwich, but it would be ab fab on a bed of greens or a toasted bagel or Udi's bread. Add a slice of cheese and broil it?
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: