3 replies to this topic

#1 Macbre

Macbre

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

I have been gluten-free for 1 year & 3months now, but still get glutened every now & then by accident. Most of the time I just experience the standard reaction, but occasionally (like last night) I have the stomach cramps and D and then while I'm on the toilet I start this uncontrollable shaking/tremors and then I start having heart palpations. The next day I'm completely wiped out and my muscles are tight and fatigued. It's almost like a panic attack, but I'm thinking something is triggering it....I'm not sure....I don't think it was anything I ate because what I ate was gluten-free.

I do live in FL and my allergies have kicked in the past couple of days so I can't walk outside without having any allergy attack (never had those until recently) so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I can't cut the grass anymore because I have a similar reaction.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Brittany85

Brittany85

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

I have been gluten-free for 1 year & 3months now, but still get glutened every now & then by accident. Most of the time I just experience the standard reaction, but occasionally (like last night) I have the stomach cramps and D and then while I'm on the toilet I start this uncontrollable shaking/tremors and then I start having heart palpations. The next day I'm completely wiped out and my muscles are tight and fatigued. It's almost like a panic attack, but I'm thinking something is triggering it....I'm not sure....I don't think it was anything I ate because what I ate was gluten-free.

I do live in FL and my allergies have kicked in the past couple of days so I can't walk outside without having any allergy attack (never had those until recently) so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I can't cut the grass anymore because I have a similar reaction.

I experience the tremors, rapid heartrate, along with sweating, weakness, dizziness when I'm glutened. I haven't been tested yet, FYI.

Does this happen with CC or direct gluten consumption?

#3 yolo

yolo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hmm. This could be salicylate sensitivity, if you really are not being trace glutened. I suggest you check out the salicylate sensitivity forum and see if it rings any bells.

I have similar reactions, especially if I have cut fresh shrubbery. Or eat the wrong foods --which includes a whole list of them counting in the gluten-free items too.

However, I can also get this from being glutened just a minor amount just from cross contamination. I am always washing my hands these days to prevent this from happening too often. Especially before touching my face, and certainly upon walking inside my house washing my hands and face is the first thing I try to do these days.

Hope this helps you. You might have to sleuth this one...

Bea
Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

#4 Macbre

Macbre

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:39 AM

I experience the tremors, rapid heartrate, along with sweating, weakness, dizziness when I'm glutened. I haven't been tested yet, FYI.

Does this happen with CC or direct gluten consumption?

I'm assuming CC because I know the things I am eating are gluten-free, but it doesn't happen like this all the time. That's what has me puzzled. I get ALL of the same exact symptoms you listed when it does happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: