This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Back From Ct

Roda

Roda Rising Star

We were in Danbury, CT all last week visiting my FIL. Overall the trip was really good and we had a nice visit with my FIL and his wife. We went to Mystic Seaport and had a great time and we couldn't have asked for better weather that day. It was beautiful out. My hubby had misunderstood his dad's directions and we were headed to Boston before we realized we had missed our exit. Hubby was ticked but later we laughed about it. The rest of the time we spent visiting, swimming and hanging out in the hot tub. Friday morning we had to move rooms abruptly because water started pouring out of the celing over our bed. Someone above us plugged the toilet and it was overflowing. When we checked out on Sunday we noticed we didn't get charged for the last two days! On the way home we got side swiped by another car on the interstate. It scared the kids and myself, but everyone was fine. The other car pulled off behind us after the accident. They were nice people and were concerned. There was hardly any damage to our car(some scuffed paint), so my husband told the other people he didn't want to report the accident. They were happy with that and we went on our way.

Whenever we travel we always pack food and a cooler. We also stayed in a suite with a kitchenette so that was a huge plus. I couldn't believe the availability of products in that area. If you can imagine it, you almost certainly can find it. I went to the local Trader Joes. Honestly, I wasn't all that impressed. What I did find to be the most awesome place was a store called Stew Leonards!! OMG, I could spend all day in that place!

The boys and I survived my inlaws place without getting glutened. However, all three of us got zapped at a restaurant in Mystic on Wed. night. It wasn't to bad of a reaction for us luckily. Nothing a few zantac and gas ex didn't help. I'm still not quite right but at least I didn't get hit with major D. Youngest boy had a belly ache and oldest boy was had a lot of gas pain and bloating. Friday night my oldest boy broke out in hives head to toe. We battled the hives till we got home last night. I broke down and took him to the ED because he was so miserable. He got an epi shot and steriods and was sent home with a RX for steroids to take for the next 4 days. I checked with the allergist this morning and said there wasn't anymore he could do at this point, but to check in next Monday and we would go from there. I'm not sure if it is one of his diagnosed allergies causing a flare or something he ate. To our knowledge he doesn't have any food allergies.

So overall we had a great time even with all the mishaps. They make for a more memorable time. :lol: :lol:

• 1 year later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GlutenStinks15 Explorer

Hi,

I'm heading to Mystic next week - can you tell me where you got glutened?? Thanks!

Archived