2 replies to this topic

#1 jessthirtytwo

jessthirtytwo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Hey guys, I was just wondering what were some good things that you have found to eat/drink after you have been glutened? I have been feeling really tired and sick lately, but havent eaten anything, to my knowledge, with gluten in it. I was thinking I just need to clean out my system.
Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 stanleymonkey

stanleymonkey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

when my 3 yr old is feeling bad all she eats is rice, actually, you should boil some rice tillit
turns to mush, use stock instead of water, you'll have congee! My Chinese mother in law swears by it when people aren't feeling good and it really works
also water with a little piece of ginger in it, ginger is great for your digestive system, if you believe everything my mother in law says, it cures EVERYTHING

#3 shelleylyn

shelleylyn

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

When I get glutened, I drink lots of water and take probiotics. I don't know if it actually makes a huge difference, but at least I feel like I am doing something. When I get got, I also (involuntarily) sleep a LOT. My immune system's way of healing itself I suppose. I don't fight it- can't really- and then feel more energy in a few days, sometimes up to a week.
  • Diagnosed Celiac July 2011
  • Failure to thrive baby, thought to be lactose intolerant
  • Happy to be gluten-free!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: