2 replies to this topic

#1 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'm getting migraines on GAPS so I'm switching gears and going low food-chemical. I got Sue Dengate's book and it explains the elimination part well enough but it doesn't have much in the way of food lists or challenge info.

I found the RPAH website but the books are AUD $55 to have shipped to the US. On top of that, they have no online ordering and seem to want me to put signed credit card details into international mail. :blink: I tried emailing them for info on US dieticians and they haven't bothered to get back to me. :(

Has anyone done the Failsafe diet in the US? Are there any RPAH trained dieticians in this country? Does anyone know how to get food lists and challenge info without paying a small fortune for international shipping?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

When I started this ordeal all of the diet was free from RPAH. Wow!
Have you tired going to Sue Dengate's website? She used to have all the lists there.
I have a salicylate list.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#3 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

It's far from free now! The handbook with lists is $20, Friendly Food is $30, and shipping is an outrageous $55.

Sue has shopping lists on her websites but it's confusing to try to figure out which foods to challenge because I don't know what overlaps. There isn't much on the challenge protocol in her book either. I guess I don't have to worry about it unless I feel better on the elimination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: