1 reply to this topic

#1 zeeclass6

zeeclass6

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

Does anyone here use Pur Minerals lipsticks? There seem to be no gluten ingredients in the lipsticks, from reading the ingredient list. I am trying to get in touch with them but am having a very hard time. Nobody ever answers their phone and they are not returning my voicemails.

Their gloss says Gluten Free on their website. But that claim is not made for their lipsticks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 zeeclass6

zeeclass6

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Does anyone here use Pur Minerals lipsticks? There seem to be no gluten ingredients in the lipsticks, from reading the ingredient list. I am trying to get in touch with them but am having a very hard time. Nobody ever answers their phone and they are not returning my voicemails.

Their gloss says Gluten Free on their website. But that claim is not made for their lipsticks.

I was FINALLY able to get through to Pur Minerals. They said that none of their products contain gluten but they share production lines with other companies and cannot totally guarantee, yada yada. However, when looking at their lip pencil, one of the ingredients was hydrolyzed wheat protein, so they were wrong about NONE of their products containing gluten.

I called them back to bring this to their attention. The person on the other end of the phone had no idea what I was talking about. She started telling me about soy! She was obviously just a "clerk" and reading from a script.

The lipstick (Mineral Shea Butter Lipstick) looks to be OK. I don't see any ingredients that are outright gluten. I know that some people are concerned about where the Tocopheryl Acetate is derived, but I'm not Celiac, just gluten-sensitive. I think that as long as I don't use products that are outright gluten, it will be OK for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: