#1 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

Nick Cannon

Anyone want to make guesses as to which AI disease he may have? Never heard of a lupus like AI disease!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

That is interesting...the article doesn't mention treatment so speculation is hard...I believe gluten intolerance and/or Celiac Disease is involved in many if not all autoimmune diseases. My daughter had been diagnosed with Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, Fibro, etc before I was diagnosed Celiac. She has had improvement with some of those since removing gluten and is now working on isolating other possible food intolerances.

Thanks for sharing...going to google him to see if there have been other references to his AI condition.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

That is interesting...the article doesn't mention treatment so speculation is hard...I believe gluten intolerance and/or Celiac Disease is involved in many if not all autoimmune diseases. My daughter had been diagnosed with Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, Fibro, etc before I was diagnosed Celiac. She has had improvement with some of those since removing gluten and is now working on isolating other possible food intolerances.

Thanks for sharing...going to google him to see if there have been other references to his AI condition.

I really hate it when celebs disclose a health issue and then leave you hanging with the diagnosis....especially with AI diseases. I agree that if you have multiples or even one AI disease, then you better look for Celiac or do a dietary trial. I ended up with 4, like your daughter, and it was all because I went too long with undiagnosed Celiac. I will admit they are far better since going gluten-free. I do not do the Tweet thing but maybe someone should tweet this guy about Celiac.....kidney failure and blood clots are nothing to mess with!

#4 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Just read another article about him. He did indeed have an enlarged heart in addition to the kidney and blood clot issues. Just a guess, but I think he probably was diagnosed with SLE, not just "Lupus Like".

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

I read "an undiagnosed condition similar to Lupus" to mean that his doctors know it's autoimmune and systemic, but they don't know exactly what's going on.

#6 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

I posted this in another topic, but antiphospholipid antibody syndrome is autoimmune and can cause blood clots.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#7 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

I read "an undiagnosed condition similar to Lupus" to mean that his doctors know it's autoimmune and systemic, but they don't know exactly what's going on.

Well...that's nothing new with doctors and autoimmune disease, is it? ;)

#8 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

At least the poor guy isn't getting told over and over again, IAIYH. :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: