Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

I Find This Intriguing.....

8 posts in this topic

Nick Cannon

Anyone want to make guesses as to which AI disease he may have? Never heard of a lupus like AI disease!

Ads by Google:

That is interesting...the article doesn't mention treatment so speculation is hard...I believe gluten intolerance and/or Celiac Disease is involved in many if not all autoimmune diseases. My daughter had been diagnosed with Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, Fibro, etc before I was diagnosed Celiac. She has had improvement with some of those since removing gluten and is now working on isolating other possible food intolerances.

Thanks for sharing...going to google him to see if there have been other references to his AI condition.

That is interesting...the article doesn't mention treatment so speculation is hard...I believe gluten intolerance and/or Celiac Disease is involved in many if not all autoimmune diseases. My daughter had been diagnosed with Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, Fibro, etc before I was diagnosed Celiac. She has had improvement with some of those since removing gluten and is now working on isolating other possible food intolerances.

Thanks for sharing...going to google him to see if there have been other references to his AI condition.

I really hate it when celebs disclose a health issue and then leave you hanging with the diagnosis....especially with AI diseases. I agree that if you have multiples or even one AI disease, then you better look for Celiac or do a dietary trial. I ended up with 4, like your daughter, and it was all because I went too long with undiagnosed Celiac. I will admit they are far better since going gluten-free. I do not do the Tweet thing but maybe someone should tweet this guy about Celiac.....kidney failure and blood clots are nothing to mess with!

Just read another article about him. He did indeed have an enlarged heart in addition to the kidney and blood clot issues. Just a guess, but I think he probably was diagnosed with SLE, not just "Lupus Like".

I read "an undiagnosed condition similar to Lupus" to mean that his doctors know it's autoimmune and systemic, but they don't know exactly what's going on.

I posted this in another topic, but antiphospholipid antibody syndrome is autoimmune and can cause blood clots.

I read "an undiagnosed condition similar to Lupus" to mean that his doctors know it's autoimmune and systemic, but they don't know exactly what's going on.

Well...that's nothing new with doctors and autoimmune disease, is it? ;)

At least the poor guy isn't getting told over and over again, IAIYH. :ph34r: