#1 Sashya

Sashya

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hi,
I am suffering from severe complications of celiac disease and where i live, doctors do not understand the disease. I live in Jamaica and no doctor that i visit knows how to treat my condition. They don't even have sugestions.

I am 25 years old and i weigh 91 pounds. I am on a gluten free diet totally but i am still losing weight and i sufer from constipation, very dry skin and acid reflux. I also have swollen gums and my hands are always cold.

I know many Americans have this condition and they are more educated as doctors are well equiped with information so i am asking your help in managing this disease. My 6 year old daughter also has the same symptoms and i just don't know how to manage.

My skin is very saggy like an old woman in her nineties. my hair falls out in clumps everytime i comb it. I don't have money to come to the U.S for treatment so i am asking what can i do to regain weight and stop the symptoms? As for my daughter, what do you suggest for her regarding her weight and so forth. She is very tiny for her age.

My email adress is bestchoiceever@rocketmail.com

Thanks much.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Sashya

Sashya

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hey,
I need help with getting my 6 year old daughter to gain weight. She is a celiac like myself but she has very dry saggy skin, bad breath sometimes and weighs 2 pounds. I also am underweight and has dry skin and constipation. We are totally on a gluten free diet as i read every label, from food to shampoos, lotion etc.

I live in a country where the people are not aware of this disease. Not even the doctors. I need help and i think this is the right place to get advise. Please help me with solutions to regain weight and eliminate the other symptom.

Thanks...

#3 kareng

kareng

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,627 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

A bit more information would help.

Perhaps you could post what you or she eats in a typical day? Maybe we could find something you might be missing or should add to your diet.

I'm sure the weight of 2 pounds is a typo. How long have you and she been gluten-free? How were you diagnosed? Did they check for any vitamin deficiencies? parasites? Are you sure she isn't getting gluten at school?

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#4 kareng

kareng

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,627 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

I merged her 2 separate threads so that all the information can be together. It will be easier for everyone to respond this way.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: