Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Mustard Bran....

4 posts in this topic

Im beginning to question if I have an allergy to mustard bran. Im not even sure what it is, but although never noticing it before, have had 2 occassions in the past month where i Have had some kind of reaction that is a definate response to something. within about 30 min my face gets really really flushed, and I just in general feel really bad. The first time I thought I had actually gotten gluten. But it happened again yest with a different product that is gluten-free but the only common ingredient between the 2 is the mustard bran. Mustard flour seems to be ok. I guess. Does anyone have any ideas???

I know sounds kind of crazy :P

Ads by Google:

Laura, I'm not familiar with mustard bran. What kind of products is it found in?

in both cases for myself, it was in a salad dressing, and also in a bbq sauce.

I don't know much about it.

This is quite interesting! My girlfriend Andrea who is a celiac has had a gluten-esque (but not as severe) to mustard on a few occasions. On the occasions it has occured she has only had a VERY small amount of the mustard. On one of the occasions it was a mustard that was DEFINATELY 100% gluten free, yet she still had a reaction. I am going to go check the ingrediant labels now for this mustard bran!

Emmy