Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Are Cheetos G/f?

7 posts in this topic

Hey Canadian friends, are Cheetos gluten-free? I can never remember to call during their time and they haven't a email on the Canadian site. Thanks for the help.

Ads by Google:

Hi Corrine,

According to my Frito-Lay gluten-free list dated July 7/05, the following 3 Cheeto's are gluten-free.

Cheetos Corn Twists

Cheetos Crunchy Cheese Flavoured Snacks

Cheetos Puffs Cheese Flavoured Snacks

At the end of the letter is the CYA statement: The above products do not contain gluten;however, they are produced on the same line as our products that do contain gluten. Although the lines are washed between batches, a slight residue may remain on the lines. Individuals who are extremely sensitive may be affected.

Blah, Blah, we recommend that you check the label on a specific product for the most current and accurate nutritional information.

The phone # is 1-800-376-2257 M-F CST. And they'll send you a list and a coupon for $1.50 off your next purchase.

In the US, yes...but are not made on dedicated lines. Sorry, I don't know about Canada and their website is useless...

OOPS! Forgot to say that my letter is from Frito-Lay Canada, so those three I mentioned earlier are gluten-free, but as celiac3270 mentioned, not manufactured on a dedicated line or a dedicated factory.

They're gluten-free, but full of msg. :o

Thanks very much. They're not for me but my daughter. We're going to a Sunday School picnic on Monday and I can never remember to phone FritoLay. MSG doesn't seem to bother Hannah. That's incredible since so many things do.

Thanks very much.  They're not for me but my daughter.  We're going to a Sunday School picnic on Monday and I can never remember to phone FritoLay.  MSG doesn't seem to bother Hannah.  That's incredible since so many things do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe they have modified food starch which doesn't say much. Sometimes MFS bothers me and other times it doesn't. Who knows what they do to modify it. <_<