4 replies to this topic

#1 Ava rose

Ava rose

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

Does anyone remember how they felt after the biopsie and endoscopy? We're you a little sore, tender where the biopsie was done, or is this just a whole bunch of gas still stuck down and up,there. The nurse said to take some gas x. I am afraid to pat my tummy after having a biopsie done, just in case it is sensitive. Have anyone experienced this discomfort and will it pass. My colposcopy and endoscopy were fine, just waiting for biopsie results to come back. And btw I did eat a half of a sandwich each day before the test.. Thanks for advise. I am a newbie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Newbee

Newbee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

I only had the endoscopy with biopsy (no colonoscopy). I remember it being a little tender where they took the biopsy right after they were finished. But then it was fine. The doctor's office called me the morning after I had the procedure to ask how I was doing. I hope yours does the same thing and you can report how you feel. Or if they don't call you maybe you should call in and ask about what you are experiencing.

#3 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

I've had 3 endoscopes now. I had a bit of gas after the last one, but not pain from the biopsies..and they took quite a few.
Maybe yours is gas..or the effects of eating gluten?

It wouldn't hurt to call the Dr.s office and tell them how you're feeling?

#4 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

Had both done and was a little sore a few days later but other than that I was fine. However, I was warned that many suffer with severe gas for a bit after (following the colonoscopy). I was one of the lucky ones.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5 Ava rose

Ava rose

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Thank you. It is the next moring and I am still passing gas. If it has not improved by this afternoon, I will call doctor. My throat is much better. Thanks all, you made me feel better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: