17 replies to this topic

#16 SmnthMllrX

SmnthMllrX

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

I get breakouts whenever I eat gluten, but ever since I changed my shampoo and conditioner to gluten-free the breakouts seem less severe and don't leave scars like they did before. My face is clear now. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 BeccaMeadows

BeccaMeadows

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

You also need to be careful of face washes, soaps, moisturizers, toners, foundations, etc. etc. There is wheat in almost all of these products which can be purchased over the counter. The hidden ingredient is called tocopheryl, vitamin E usually extracted from wheat. Also products with the ingredients vitamin E are probably extracted from wheat as well. I was gluten free for a year and still had horrible acne. Once I found out I most likely had my skin problems from gluten in my products I switched entirely, and got everything made for me gluten-free, preservative free and water based, and I swear by it. I hardly get acne with the exception around my time of the month.
If you'd like more info message me. Hope it all works out for you!

#18 MitziG

MitziG

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

I have been battling acne for 20 + years. I have done tetracycline, erithromyacin, RetinA, Aczone....multiple birth control pills. The only thing that helped was Yaz birth control, but I had to off it a year ago. Being gluten free didn't help, much to my disappointment. When I ditched casein as well...what a difference!

Inflammation is at the root of acne- identify what foods are causing your inflammation, and you will likely see a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: