Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pregnancy Food

11 posts in this topic

Two items I've been downing like crazy..

1 Luna Bars by Cliff (sold at Kroger) They have three kinds that are Gluten Free.. The only kind that is bearable is Chocolate Peanut butter...

2. Nestle Boost Chocolate (near the Ensure at Kroger) Its gluten Free and lactose free... The chocolate is great, the vanilla tastes awlful

Both have Vitamins, and nutrients packed into them.

The boost has proteain

And the Luna Bar has Folic Acid and Vitamin D

Both great for pregnancy.. They were recommend by OBGYN for a friend of mine having multiples.. She happened to mention to me that they are both Gluten Free products.. I rushed over to Kroger and both are great..

Ads by Google:

Thanks for sharing! :)

These items are a little more difficult to find here in Canada, but I'll keep an eye out!

Ohh... Thank you! I'll have to go check these out!

You guys should try LARA BARS...Google them and you'll see what I mean! they're mashed dates ,almonds,cashews and other stuff depending on the flavor! All bars are veagan,glutenfree,dairyfree,soy free,non gmo and kosher! they're distributed by SmallPlanet foods inc. I've been eating them when I can't eat anything else! I feel for you girls...its hard enough going Glutenfree...let alone being pregnant! My favorite flavors are Lemon twist,Casew cookie,peanutbutter cookie, cherry pie,coconut pie keylime pie, tropical! if you google this and click on PROUDUCT when you get to thier site...you will see that they have a visual of all thier bars...click on the bar and they have a visual on ALL the ingreadeints...LITERALY...its cute!

these bare are so simple some only have two ingredients or three. like coconut pie, coconut and dates,cashew cookie...dates,cashews and almonds!simple, They're not cooked either just raw and pure! at first its alittle odd but try a few..they grow on you....I'm about to have the cherry pie right now! (Dates, almonds,unsweetened cherries...doesn't get healthier than that!)

I do have LARA bars, but am really not a huge fan. I absolutly HATE the Cherry Pie ones (that was all I had at work with me one day before I'd tried them and was gagging before I managed to get the whole thing down)! Unfortunately they were in this multi-pack we picked up at Cosco, so I have a ton of them. If you were close, I'd give them all to you! Some aren't too bad and I can get them down, but I would not say that I even close to like them. :(

I do have LARA bars, but am really not a huge fan. I absolutly HATE the Cherry Pie ones (that was all I had at work with me one day before I'd tried them and was gagging before I managed to get the whole thing down)! Unfortunately they were in this multi-pack we picked up at Cosco, so I have a ton of them. If you were close, I'd give them all to you! Some aren't too bad and I can get them down, but I would not say that I even close to like them. :(

I know the cosco pak your talking about...the apple pie is so dry..couldn't stand the taste! The cherry was to bitter the first time I tryed it...there's no sugar! but after I tried some other flavors, I tried it again a month later and now I love it...I guess its an aquired taste. I HATE the bannana bread! The problem is you get used to refined food and then natural unenhanced flavors can be gross...but like I said...once my body got used to less sugar...no dairy...no gluten....I love the rawness!!! But you also have to take into consideration the pregnant issue ( I'm not pregnent by the way...but I do have two boys 12 and 21)...things can taste exagerated (for the good or bad) when your pregnent!When I was pregnent I couldn't be anywhere NEAR garlic without being noushous or puking!To each his own...but if you can handle them...they're SOOOOO healthy for you!

I like them because the natural sweetness from the dates and the nuttyness from the almonds help when I get cravings for bakery...if you find the right flavor its like biting into a soft goowey baked fruit bar only its raw...which is something I also liked about it...no chance of cross contamination!Try something like Ginger cookie..or peanutbutter and jelly...choclate chip cookie maybe...something a little sweeter?

I think the ginger cookie is one that I like a little better than most. I don't mind the apple pie all that much either. And the peanut butter cookie isn't too bad. I hadn't even thought about how the pregnancy thing might be affecting the taste of them, though I've never been a big fan of cherry anything.

An option for canadians - I know at Superstore they have a drink similar to the one the OP mentioned but specifically designed for pregnant women. It comes in Chocolate and vanilla. I have never tried the vanilla as I am not a fan but the chocolate tastes amazing. I think it is Enfalac brand but not entirely sure. I do remember it was a brand known for baby food though.

avocados. I lived on those my first trimester.

I'm seven week and feel icky REALLY icky.  I don't stop feeling sick until 1pm.  One thing that is helping is using my juicer every day and juicing carrots, oranges or apples, and some other veggie like cucumber or beet.  

I'm not pregnant, just to be clear, but wanted to offer some encouragement, I hope. You ladies have my kudos for bringing a new life into the world while having to deal with this condition.

At any rate, calories are important, of course, but more than that is the consumption of vitamins and minerals. While I was in recovery from my last glutening, I decided to try juicing and smoothies. I felt great! I've been about a week off, and I'm starting to feel blah again. For carbs, I eat potatoes and rice, and some corn products, including grits. I'm a little lactose intolerant so I try to get my calcium from spinach and milk substitute. 

You ladies will need to make sure to get plenty of folate. http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Folate-HealthProfessional/