Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Roasted Broccoli

9 posts in this topic

Ok, so before going gluten-free, I was never a vegetable eater. But once you take most of the sugar out of your diet, things start to taste different. So I've been a veggie eater for the past year and been loving it. However, broccoli was always one of those veggies that I could only eat in very small pieces and usually smothered in something not healthy. A friend of mine posted a recipe for roasted broccoli on facebook and I was intrigued. I love roasting veggies so I thought I would try it. Seriously, could have eaten just this for dinner and been happy (actually had the leftovers for breakfast...yes it's that good). I'm sure many of you veggie eaters already love the stuff, but for those trying to break into the veggie loving world, I thought I would share.

My link

Hope I linked the site correctly.

Ads by Google:

Yummy...and summer is just around the corner for all sorts of fresh veggies. :D

She said she didn't wash the broccoli because heating would kill the germs. Germs wouldn't be my worry - pesticides would! And even if it were organic broccoli, well, the fertilizer (manure) might have splashed up onto it during a heavy rainstorm. I would DEFINITELY wash it first.

The recipe looked great minus the not washing it first. It actually gave me the idea to make roasted broccoli for dinner since my husband and girls have never had it, well it was a hit. The two year old asked for broccoli for breakfast this morning :)

We roast pretty much every vegetable including broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, parsnips, turnips, green beans, leeks, fennel, kale - you name it, we roast it. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetables, especially if they are allowed to caramelize a little in the pan. In fact, we never boil vegetables unless it is required for a certain type of soup or whatever.

One of the best things I ever tasted was corn that was cooked in the fireplace. It was all brown and carmelized and I loved it. Of corse that was many years ago, and now, with my corn intolerance I know I will never try it again. But the broccoli and cauliflower sound good.

One of the best things I ever tasted was corn that was cooked in the fireplace. It was all brown and carmelized and I loved it. Of corse that was many years ago, and now, with my corn intolerance I know I will never try it again. But the broccoli and cauliflower sound good.

That sounds lovely! I have never had it done in a fireplace but we often grill it.

Forgot to mention roasted asparagus and mushrooms.

Thanks for posting the recipe. I just got broccoli at the market and I'm going to try this! Looks yummy

I'm going to try this be ause I found out a few weeks ago that my 16 yr old likes broccoli! I don't have to hide it anymore.