1 reply to this topic

#1 scottyg354

scottyg354

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

Doc ordered my a Celiac Panel so I went to the hospital today to get my testing done. When I got there the ladies drawing my blood seemed to confused as to run the Celiac Profile Test or The Celiac Comprehensive. They called the doctor in the hospital and he told them the celiac profile test is the same thing as the celiac panel and told them not to run the comprehensive. So what exactly is the comprehensive?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Doc ordered my a Celiac Panel so I went to the hospital today to get my testing done. When I got there the ladies drawing my blood seemed to confused as to run the Celiac Profile Test or The Celiac Comprehensive. They called the doctor in the hospital and he told them the celiac profile test is the same thing as the celiac panel and told them not to run the comprehensive. So what exactly is the comprehensive?

Probably depends on the lab. The Quest Diagnostics website says their comprehensive celiac panel is a "cascading" panel, meaning if the first element they test for is negative, they don't test the next one (for example, the ttg IgA tests first...if negative, they don't add any of the others).

If it's LabCorp, their comprehensive panel does not cascade and includes deamidated gliadin antibodies, anti-endomysial antibodies, Ttg, and total IgA.
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: