21 replies to this topic

#16 Maggie Mermaid

Maggie Mermaid

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Can also scramble some eggs/cheese/meat/veggies & roll it up in corn tortillas.
Enlarged thyroid with nodules and Hashimoto's diagnosed 2007. Self-diagnosed as gluten-intolerant.

Husband is gluten-intolerant, also self-diagnosed, suffered from severe eczema which has largely disappeared since avoiding wheat, corn, tomatoes, tree nuts.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

When I was at Walmart today I found a NEW brand of gluten-free cereal bars that I had never seen before, in the regular section with the regular cereal bars, not the gluten-free section. They are much cheaper than the ones in the gluten-free section and they are certified gluten-free and also have no soy ingredients!!! They are called "Glenny's" brand.
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#18 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

I like almond flour muffins and I'll often add banana or squash. They have a lot more protein than gluten-free muffins made from grains so they make a pretty complete breakfast.

#19 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

So back from the store, here's the report:

All Carnation drinks have wheat starch listed as the LAST ingredient. GRRRRRR!
I looked at Boost drinks, they are gluten-free but they have soy protein. Can't have soy.

Nature Valley Almond Roast bars have soy in them, darn-it.

For this week I've settled on ham and cheese rolled into corn tortillas, cut up into bites so I can eat it easily in the car. Tasty, cheap, filling, and it will give me the protein I need to have the energy to start my new job. Thanks for all the ideas and I'll file them away in my new gluten-free recipe box! :)

I am looking at drugstore.com and do not see wheat listed. But they do have soy.

#20 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

Enjoy Life has pretty decent bars. Got mine at Wal Mart last weekend in their gluten-free section. Very good. Not too sweet.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#21 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

How about breakfast poppers! scrambled eggs with veggies,cooked sausage, cheese, a bit of hot sauce, pour into mini muffin tins bake& take. I make a bunch of these freeze them & nuke a minute & out the door they go...

#22 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

How about breakfast poppers! scrambled eggs with veggies,cooked sausage, cheese, a bit of hot sauce, pour into mini muffin tins bake& take. I make a bunch of these freeze them & nuke a minute & out the door they go...

How long do you bake 'em?
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: