15 replies to this topic

#16 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for that information Gemini. I wish I knew more about my body and genes before I had the procedure.. but what can you do.. <_<

I met with my doctor today and he was very supportive. He doesn't think the implants are causing me the issues, but he said that if my other doctors recommend I get them removed he'll do it free of charge and it's an easy procedure. He said I should bounce back because I'm young. Honestly I don't care about my figure.. I just want to feel better! I have an appointment with a new GI doctor at the end of the week and another appointment with an immunologist. I'll see what they say and will definitely get my ANA tested again. At the end of the day if I have to get them removed, I'm okay with that. It's my husband I feel bad for! haha.. he's amazing though and only wants to see me healthy too.

Thanks for all the support here. I really appreciate it!

If you haven't been on the diet very long, then you may want to wait a bit before considering surgery. All of your symptoms and blood work issues scream of Celiac Disease but can all be calmed down and improved upon over time. I have been doing this for just 7 years, next month, and with each passing year, am getting better and better. You may even have triggered before your implant surgery, which is usually the case as you don't get that bad overnight, and the surgery itself stressed your autoimmune system. It's a lot of guesswork. However, the offer of free surgery to remove them is a very nice offer. :) You are being very adult about all this so I think you will do well. It is a tough decision to make!

I wish you well but please be patient with recovery and don't stress too much about your ANA levels. Mine were off the charts and I never gave it a moment of worry. I knew all my AI diseases were causing the spikes and knew I would get better. The glass is half full, not half empty! ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: