Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Rather Odd To Be Excited About...ladies Only!

8 posts in this topic

After being on a gluten-free diet for almost 3 months, I actually got a real period this month! Ahh! Yes, I am rather excited because it means I am starting to have regular cycles. I thought for the longest time that my period was suppose to come on the 15th of each month...only for months and months it was so chaotic...I now know why ;) So this month, I was having cramps and felt like I was going to get my period right up to the 15th. I was so dog tired I ended up sleeping half that morning away. I wake up, use the bathroom and saw why I was so darn tired. My husband was rejoicing with me because he knew it was a good thing! Now in past months when I got some sort of period (not on a gluten-free diet) I would end up with spotting for part of the month, with what seemed like CF and then I would get three days of bleeding and then it would stop. This month, so far, I'm on day three of bleeding (when usually by now I'm done) and I know it should be about 5 days. This means I'm on my way to being regular again! Gosh, I'm so darn excited!

Ads by Google:

Yay! Married to best friend and....I hope your future if fruitful, should you choose. B)

Yay! Married to best friend and....I hope your future if fruitful, should you choose. B)

Thanks Lisa!

That's great news!

Congrats! That's wonderful! Wishing you continued progress to excellent health!

That's really great! I'm glad to hear that it is working for someone. Going gluten-free (it's been a year and a half for me) has done wonders for me in other areas, but my period has still not returned. I've only had it 3 times in the last 2 years. I think it may finally be time to admit that celiac disease made me hit menopause VERY early. :(

That's really great! I'm glad to hear that it is working for someone. Going gluten-free (it's been a year and a half for me) has done wonders for me in other areas, but my period has still not returned. I've only had it 3 times in the last 2 years. I think it may finally be time to admit that celiac disease made me hit menopause VERY early. :(

Oh Melikamaui, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. Have you looked into PCOS? I don't know how likely that could be but, that's one of the first things people think of. Sorry if I am like one of the million that have suggested it, if it's not it. In any case, thank you for rejoicing with me!

Joyful, I totally hear you! Thankfully I never had to deal with this issue, but I can understand the feeling of excitement when your body is doing what it's supposed to be doing! :D

melikamaui - go to the dr and talk about it! Don't accept that answer just yet!