No replies to this topic

#1 Nadia2009

Nadia2009

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

I am trying the GAPS diet but I have hard time respecting all the rules like no potato or sweet potato when they are among the few things I can digest normally. I am surprised sweet potato is restricted on the Gaps diet as it is a good source of energy for those of us that don't have much grains and it is really nourishing.
So far, I am using some of the Gaps diet guidelines like eating good fats, drinking bone broths and using home made meat stocks.

I cut off most grains but have kept some and getting only very small portions of grain. I can make these grains even less once I can control my excessive hunger. I have been drinking soups and bones broths and my stomach is loving it as it is filling. I almost feel I have less cravings but still a long way to go.

I am trying other ways to heal my gut and have heard of glutamine supplement. I read some info online and it all looks good. Have you ever tried glutamine?

What can I do to conquer my terrible cravings? I need serious help. I used to be teased for my bird appetite but I can't stop eating now how do I tell my brain I am full :( I am almost thinking of looking for a supplement to suppress my cravings.

Is there any other leaky gut diet that would suits me better and allow some sweet potato, a bit of corn and rice here and there?

Also, on the Gaps diet, I should have eggs and yogourt and these aren't things I would like to have any time soon. They are on my avoid list along with nuts, all dairy, beans and seeds. I am allowed to have some of them 1/4 days if reaction was moderate but I want to stay away from them all together for at least 6 months.
May 2009: IgG abnormal (not tested for full panel)
Sept 2009: Negative blood tests (I was on and off gluten)
Sept 21 2009: gluten free
Sept 21 2011: gluten free for 2 full years
Dec 2012: chronic fatigue and leaky gut.
Feb 2012: IgG reactions to almond, amaranth, sesame, sunflower, dairy, eggs, beans and of course gluten.
March 2012: modified GAPS diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: