Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Potential Great News For Fellow Type Ones....

5 posts in this topic

Since celiac disease/gluten intolerance is often present in those who are type one diabetic, and knowing that there are a number of other type one members here, I thought I would share this bit of great scientific news. It sounds promising! :)

http://in.news.yahoo...-104918533.html

Ads by Google:

Since celiac disease/gluten intolerance is often present in those who are type one diabetic, and knowing that there are a number of other type one members here, I thought I would share this bit of great scientific news. It sounds promising! :)

http://in.news.yahoo...-104918533.html

That's really neat Mlee. Sure sounds like it might work out. I kind of wonder how safe the intestines are from autoimmune attack though. They may be under a misapprehension there.

"The location of the cells in the gut may also prevent the diabetes from destroying the new insulin-producing cells, since the gastrointestinal tract is partly protected from attack by the immune system."

Seems like I have heard of a few people who's immune systems do more than protect their gastrointestinal systems somewhere. :)

"The location of the cells in the gut may also prevent the diabetes from destroying the new insulin-producing cells, since the gastrointestinal tract is partly protected from attack by the immune system."

Hmmmm.. . .. . ...yeah... . ...immune system as protector......

Rather over-protective, at times....... <_<

It's great that they've found out about this? It may take time to develope it into a good treatment..but isn't it wonderful that there's a chance of using something other than shots of insulin for type 1? :D

It's great that they've found out about this? It may take time to develope it into a good treatment..but isn't it wonderful that there's a chance of using something other than shots of insulin for type 1? :D

Man, yes... . . .. but for me the really big thing would be the cessation of all the blood tests I must do per day..... :)