6 replies to this topic

#1 anabananakins

anabananakins

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

I'll be visiting Chicago in a few months and there will be a group of us catching up. I'd love suggestions of places to eat downtown (loop area or Magnificent Mile) that that are gluten-free friendly and vegetarian friendly (I'm not vegetarian but one of my friends is).

Last time I visited we ate at Ben Pao and PF Changs, but I think I'm beginning to drive people nuts dragging them to PF Changs every time I visit and it seems like Ben Pao has closed?

It's a ways off so lots of time to plan but I'd love to have a few suggestions to throw out to everyone rather than being the one to dictate all our meal choices.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Melissa Palomo

Melissa Palomo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

This place isn't too far from downtown and is one of my fave places - I have to visit every time I go to Chicago. ;) Parking kind of sucks, and it's small & quaint, but GOOD and pretty inexpensive!
http://www.zadchicago.com/

Urban Spoon has some good listings & maybe some locals have better ideas?

I'm Melissa. I am 28, diagnosed in August 2008. I'm a photographer and a blogger, too. :)

#3 krystynycole

krystynycole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

I go to this on in the suburbs and it is fabulous! I can't speak of the downtown locations, but in the suburbs, they can turn most of their dishes into gluten free upon request and I've never had cc issues.
http://www.miafrance...c.asp?path=3115

Gluten Free since November 2010 and feeling fantastic!

(Mis)diagnosis with IBS in 2004
MSG and caffeine free since 2001

#4 MrsVJW

MrsVJW

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

You may want to look up "Lettuce Entertain You"... they're a restaurant group that has a lot of locations downtown that have gluten-free menus, and I have found servers at their locations nationwide to be pretty up-to-speed on gluten-free-ness and what it really means.

#5 dina12

dina12

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

There are more and more places downtown that offer gluten free menus. One of my favorite places to go is Adobo Grill. If you and your group like Mexican food this is a great place. They also offer vegetarian.

There's also a new website that you might find helpful that is a great reference for gluten free restaurants in Chicago: www.glutenfreeinchicago.com

#6 anabananakins

anabananakins

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for all these great suggestions! I will check them all out. I really appreciate your help :)

#7 krystynycole

krystynycole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

Another one I love is Wildfire...more expensive, but GREAT! They make you FRESH gluten free biscuts and will bring you as many as you want :) They had a gluten free event a while back to high light their gluten free menu.

Gluten Free since November 2010 and feeling fantastic!

(Mis)diagnosis with IBS in 2004
MSG and caffeine free since 2001

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: