Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Restaurant Suggestions In Downtown Chicago

7 posts in this topic

I'll be visiting Chicago in a few months and there will be a group of us catching up. I'd love suggestions of places to eat downtown (loop area or Magnificent Mile) that that are gluten-free friendly and vegetarian friendly (I'm not vegetarian but one of my friends is).

Last time I visited we ate at Ben Pao and PF Changs, but I think I'm beginning to drive people nuts dragging them to PF Changs every time I visit and it seems like Ben Pao has closed?

It's a ways off so lots of time to plan but I'd love to have a few suggestions to throw out to everyone rather than being the one to dictate all our meal choices.

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

This place isn't too far from downtown and is one of my fave places - I have to visit every time I go to Chicago. ;) Parking kind of sucks, and it's small & quaint, but GOOD and pretty inexpensive!

http://www.zadchicago.com/

Urban Spoon has some good listings & maybe some locals have better ideas?

You may want to look up "Lettuce Entertain You"... they're a restaurant group that has a lot of locations downtown that have gluten-free menus, and I have found servers at their locations nationwide to be pretty up-to-speed on gluten-free-ness and what it really means.

There are more and more places downtown that offer gluten free menus. One of my favorite places to go is Adobo Grill. If you and your group like Mexican food this is a great place. They also offer vegetarian.

There's also a new website that you might find helpful that is a great reference for gluten free restaurants in Chicago: www.glutenfreeinchicago.com

Thanks for all these great suggestions! I will check them all out. I really appreciate your help :)

Another one I love is Wildfire...more expensive, but GREAT! They make you FRESH gluten free biscuts and will bring you as many as you want :) They had a gluten free event a while back to high light their gluten free menu.